StudentsReview ™ :: Highline Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Highline Community College

I have been here for a year now

Nov 26 2012Computer Engineering
I have been here for a year now and I am absolutely sick of this college. I can't wait to transfer and am doing so early, choosing to skip an AS altogether. Service at the school is horrible, campus safety is questionable, and, personally, half the courses I have taken here have been shoddy at best. Every month there is a violent incident or something that requires the police but all the campus officers say is that they will "step up patrols." As a security officer myself, I know that is crap and nothing continues to be done. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: B-, University Resource Use: F

I keep hearing that Highline has "top-notch" professors

Nov 01 2012Computer Science
I keep hearing that Highline has "top-notch" professors but I have yet to see them. Teachers at this school are either average or horrible and a lot of what I've learned has had to be on my own. Don't get a friendly teacher confused with a top-notch teacher, because they are not the same. Go to this school if you enjoy a challenge and want to teach yourself while paying the extra money.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Friendliness: A-, Extracurricular Activities: F

I am a second-year chemistry major and a

Oct 21 2010Chemistry
I am a second-year chemistry major and a future transfer student to the UW-Seattle. When I first arrived at Highline, I expected this school to be Mickey Mouse academics. Boy, was I wrong. I don't know about other departments, but the professors and staff in the physical sciences department are TOP NOTCH. Most have Ph.D's in their respective fields, are brilliant, have real-world experience (i.e., former cancer researcher at Fred Hutch) and are always available for their students.Like I said, I don't know how other departments operate, but it makes me angry to see bad reviews of Highline. You get out of it what you put into it. If you're considering a career in science or engineering, Highline would be an excellent choice for you. Great professors, brand-new facilities (Higher Education Center, Bldg. 29) and overall a great program.
1st Year Male -- Class 2011