StudentsReview ™ :: Whitman College - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
Reed College -- Portland, OR

Whitman College

This college is way to worked up

Oct 07 2013PreMed and Medical
This college is way to worked up. It prides itself on helping students and the professors being great, when in reality the science department, especially the chemistry department is terrible. They really do not care if you do terrible, they just want to get through the material. I am thinking about transferring very soon. This college is way to expense for the crap education they actually provide.
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Useful Schoolwork: F

I had a lot of reservations about attending

Jun 04 2013Anthropology
I had a lot of reservations about attending such a small school in an area as isolated as Walla Walla. And while you don't get much exposure to the greater Walla Walla area unless you really make an effort to do so, being a part of the 'Whitman bubble' was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I met lifelong friends who became confident in who they are as a direct result of the open environment that Whitman fosters. I wouldn't trade my time at Whitman for anything in the world, and am deeply saddened that it is now at a close. What is comforting though, is that my Whitman education has earned me acceptance into a prestigious graduate program and I have received a research assistantship that will pay for my graduate education.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C

Whitman college is full

Apr 03 2012Accounting
Whitman college is full of self important individuals who feel like Whitman is great because they chose it, and the don't make mistakes, so it must be great. A TOTAL waste of money.