StudentsReview ™ :: Beloit College - Comments and Student Experiences

Earlham College -- Richmond, IN
Kenyon College -- Gambier, OH
Sarah Lawrence College -- Bronxville, NY

Beloit College

Beloit is a really great college

Feb 27 2014Undecided
Beloit is a really great college. You will meet great people and some of the professors are great. The athletics suck if you are interested in that. I think out football team won like 2 games in 3 years. There are some professors who are really bad, but they are here because they have been here forever and the college can't get rid of them. For the most part, students have lots of support. The only problem I have with the school is there are a lot of mediocre people who think they are really smart. Also, I feel that the school does not use funds in the best way. They are cutting some programs that are very much wanted, and building a new athletic center.
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Surrounding City: D+

Beloit means the world to me

Apr 10 2013Political Science
Beloit means the world to me. While I don't keep up with my faculty mentors as much as I should, I know they would be there for me in a flash. Beloit completely transformed me. I had many friends who went to private liberal arts colleges, but none of them got challenged to become completely different people, all for the better. Beloit puts you out into the world, challenges you to practice what you do in the classroom and makes you a better speaker, writer, thinker, numbers person, critical thinker, group worker and everything else you need to be a strong employee. If you're someone who wants the whole job process lined out for you, don't come to Beloit. If you want a list of internships that are going to be handed to you, don't come to Beloit. Beloiters don't follow other Beloiters, just like they don't follow students from their high school. I can't think of what Beloit could have given me that it didn't. I wish I would have known more about how much grant money Beloit gives to students for special projects and research.
Starting Job: Assistant Director Preparedness: A Reputation: A

The people are definitely what make Beloit so

Apr 10 2013Political Science
The people are definitely what make Beloit so great. This includes students, faculty, and administration. Beloit may be a small school, but faculty and administration really care about the students, and provide us with such wonderful opportunities. And Beloit students are so dedicated and genuine, and end up great use and taking advantage of all the opportunities. Also, Beloiters are so diverse (ethnicity, personality, interests, home) that it makes both the social scene and class room experience all the more interesting.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015