StudentsReview :: Carroll University - Comments and Student Experiences

Carroll University

Carroll's design department did not prepare me forBrightArt & Design Department
Carroll's design department did not prepare me for life outside of college. I have been job hunting for a year and have not found a permanent job yet. When I was still a student at Carroll I was surprised that there was not a portfolio review. Maybe the faculty thinks that their students can't take criticism? Do not consider Carroll if you want a solid education in Graphic Design.
Starting Job: Graphic Design Contractor; Preparedness: D+ Reputation: D+
I live about 30 minutes away from CarrollQuite BrightOther
I live about 30 minutes away from Carroll University. I am extremely close with my family, so I wanted to go to a smaller school that was relatively close. I decided on Carroll after visiting the campus a few times. I went into Carroll feeling smart, as if my 30 ACT score and high standing at my high school were something to pride myself on. However, I found that a large majority of students are incredibly thoughtful and passionate as well. Yes, some students are snooty, but this is a private school. Obviously, there is going to be a dissenting minority at any institution you choose to attend. I have had only one negative experience with a professor. All others have been extremely flexible, as long as you are willing to put effort into your school work. I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in a unique field in just three years. My word of advice is to be sure to read and keep copies of everything you sign. The Student Affairs administration is beyond helpful and patient, and I have found that to be a common thread in most departments.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: C+
First things first, to be fair, you?ll getQuite BrightEducation
First things first, to be fair, you?ll get a quality education, small classes, professors who take time for you if you ask for it, and some classmates who are mature and have it together. However, if you want to treat school as an extension of high school, complete with constant texting, snarky comments, and eye rolls in class, and complaining about the amount and difficulty of your homework (huh? this is a university) you will be in the majority. The majority of your classmates will be rude, arrogant, and cliquey. If you?re seated near them or doing group work with them, you might as well not exist?they?re not going to talk or make eye contact with you anyway. And this is in one of the professional programs. PT and nursing will be rude to you too. Good luck with taking that attitude out into the real world. If I were to do it over, would I go here? Absolutely not, which is sad because I am happy with the education I have received. Johns Hopkins has a civility institute; Carroll could at least introduce it as an FYS topic.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014