StudentsReview :: Cardinal Stritch University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cardinal Stritch University

When I took a tour of the schoolQuite BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
When I took a tour of the school before attending it seemed nice. LIES. Once you attend other then the teacher and students the place is boring and needs to be updated. The dorms are run by people who just got out of school them selves and are hungry for authority. If you have a problem with your room the head person Samantha Younglove is a complete asshole. She will disregard anything you have to say unless you continue to bother her. As if that isn't enough, if she docent like you she will bad talk you to the staff. The school is having financial issues and made big budget cuts, cutting teachers and sports teams. The school is not run like a university nor do they treat you like you are at one.Like I didn't waste enough money at this damn school, once I left for the summer they tried to charge me for a missing garbage can in the room when I moved in with my own. Note I also had a roommate, so had did they figure out who to charge is beyond me. I guess the school its self is alright but if you live in state I recommend not living on campus its too much money and its like living in a shitty motel. Half the rooms don't have heat and they don't have air. If you look at other universities Stritch can't compete. Almost half of the 2014 freshman will not be returning next year because of the budget cuts. I am one of the ones who will not be returning. Along with us, most of the kids that planned to attend aren't coming anymore which will cause more problems in the future. All the school cares about is basketball and the nursing program so don't waste your money if you aren't in one of those two. Long story do not be fooled by the lies they tell you on the walk thought days. because the school won't look nor will the people act like they did on that day.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
I'll be brief with my response in thisBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'll be brief with my response in this section. Most of the instructors were horrible in their presentation of the material. Only a few instructors were able to engage my mind to the point that I did not think about other things such as going home, eating, drinking, work, paint drying, grass growing, etc. This school has a "hard on" for group work; it's so sickening. God forbid they give you an assignment to accomplish on your own. In my opinion, the curriculum was mediocre. I am a very good writer; therefore, I enjoyed the writing assignments. Nonetheless, I didn't find anything challenging about the management program. The student advisors along with the accounting department need to be overhauled. Accounting failed at obtaining my correct address after providing them with this information FOUR times!!! I even stopped at the campus and they still didn't get the information correct. My advisor was horrible; I accomplished my scheduling and kept track of my graduation on my own. Overpriced school for a pedestrian management program. Horrible staff. If I decide to pursue a masters degree, I will be going to a state school. It's kind of funny, how does a school try to educate an individual about business and management when their own back yard is in shambles? Don't waste your time. I graduated with a 3.6 GPA in the Management program. My review should tell you something!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Friendliness: B, Social Life: F
I got a great education that really helpedBusiness - Management and Administration
I got a great education that really helped me at my job including a promotion just before graduation. The quality of education is up to you. You have to do the work, all of it! If you skim your books and do just enough to get by you will not get a good education and that is on you. I graduated five years ago and my three year education cost me $40,000. I feel it was worth every penny.

Miami University - Oxford (OH) 1:negative