StudentsReview :: Mount Mary University - Comments and Student Experiences

Mount Mary University

Is this a university or a soccer field?Super Brilliant
Is this a university or a soccer field? Your administration deserves to be FIRED. How can you charge students hundreds of thousands of dollars and then consistently uses their campus resources for outside influence. They deserve to have the tuition spent on them! Not soccer moms and dads coming in for the weekend. How dare you block the entrances preventing students getting to class in the morning with your outside activities. The campus should be used for the people that pay for it! Absolutely pathetic and your program counselors are not good, causing students to take extra courses and spend extra money that they do not have just so you can use their campus as a soccer field. You should be ashamed. There are plenty of other parks that could host these events but instead you choose to inconvenience your students. I really hope you think next time and actually provide something besides cafeteria food that makes you sick to your stomach after you eat it and something for your actual students. Once graduation rolls around we will never donate to you because we can clearly see you do not give a hoot about the people that actually matter. Instead of spending money on mowing huge swaths of grass so people that do not attend your university can come play soccer how about some extra grants for the students or the huge hike in tuition costs. You clearly have your priorities backwards!
5th Year Female -- Class 2011
Mount Mary University isQuite BrightPsychology
Mount Mary University is honestly one of the most disorganized school ever. No one ever knows anything when you ask neither does the person they refer you to. The bathrooms in the residence are awful dirty smelly and moldy. The staff often have slight attitudes towards students.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Scholastic Success: C+, Education Quality: F
I remember my first semester at Mount MaryBrightBiology
I remember my first semester at Mount Mary from hell. I would never recommend anyone to this school I remember when I did a tour first off they stated how mean the girls were. then when it came to registration time i was told by my temporarily adviser to run and don't be like the other girls here and heads up if your have epilepsy(seizures) don't tell your teacher if your trying to be in the nursing major because you will get kick out your major if they knew because I have it. But I should have did exactly what that adviser said because I was on a 3.5 GPA and when I went to a funeral i was punished because I told one teacher from my social religion class and not the other and on that note never take the black non she's racists towards her own kind and she's the head of the teleology department and if your not Catholic she'll fail you she very basis. The girls are rude and catty its like high school come dress up or be judge. And yes that school is like penn state with there dirty cover ups to security sleeping with the girls in the dorms to teachers wanting to feel your breast and the teachers are extremely rude. If your not in fashion don't try this school i learn from Doctors who went there say they hate MMC because they don't guide you right which they don't. I met with the snake counselor and adviser about my biology and taking per med because I want to become a DR and they told there was no need for per med but they offer the program when I question why they said end of discussion and asked me to leave shutting the door in my face. Bad guidance. And when I went to tour at other colleges they stated that MMC have a reputation of guiding students the wrong way and a lot of MMC students leave to come to there college and when I talk to a biology professor about taking per med to become a doctor the teacher told me I had to take per med and another college told me that minor (per med) would have to be taken before entering Medical school. So my point is if you want to succeed don't waste your time with this school and if someone tells you its a all girl school and they are so empowering just know that's lie I was told that to, that's why I went there and discovered it was all a lie and so yeah and the science majors there suck my mom thought I was lying about MMC until a girl I met at the shoe store told my mom oh yeah MMC science major everyone know MMC science department sucks.....
1st Year Female -- Class 2018