StudentsReview ™ :: Marquette University - Comments and Student Experiences

Marquette University

Campus News: Rush Hour
Campus News: The Triple Play

I really don't have much of anything positive

Mar 27 2014Other
I really don't have much of anything positive to say about this school. This is one of 4 different universities I have attended during my education. I found most professors to be downright arrogant. Other professors were lacking fundamental knowledge in what they were teaching: as a student I should not have to continually correct all of your mistakes. Exams had questions on things that were never taught. These are not "hard" exams, I am a near 4.0 student and the exams have been relatively easy, except for the questions that you were never taught about. As a result I have no confidence in what I was being taught, and the whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

The students were hit or miss. Some of them were very nice, helpful, wonderfully open minded people. Others were snobbish, arrogant, and had the "Marquette attitude". I literally had one student tell me "I decided to go to Marquette over [insert small public university] because I want to be able to get into grad school". If this is your approach to how education works then you have the wrong mindset! Overall it is an overpriced school that people attend for the name recognition only. I recommend attending a public university, which are still overpriced but much more reasonable than Marquette. You get the same education and I had better experiences in public institutions with getting to know the professors/faculty and better research opportunities. Many of the brilliant graduate and medical students I know (mostly in science fields, as that is my own field of study) did their undergrad at small public universities. It's not about the big "Marquette" name, it's about the effort you put into your own education and the help you get from your professors and mentors. After I attended Marquette I realized that goal is easier to achieve elsewhere.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Education Quality: F

I'm sorry I absolutely despise this school

Jan 03 2014Nursing
I'm sorry I absolutely despise this school. I'm mainly disregarding the education part because I will admit that the nursing program is good. I enjoy most of the professors, enjoy the classes, and feel like they know what they're doing. Nursing is the single reason I am going to this school.

Okay about the students: i'm sorry these have got to be the most arrogant and closeminded students i have ever met. It has been an intense struggle to find anyone down to earth. Seriously, I have felt miserable here. I cannot wait to get my degree and leave.

Not to mention the nightlife. I truly don't get why there are all of these reviews saying there are stuff to do... there isn't. Maybe years back when parents and relatives went here it was fun, then all of a sudden administration decided to get strict and now I literally am bored every weekend.

You can't get into bars because they scan and they have expensive fees if you get caught. Our campus security shuts parties down 10 seconds in, and there truly is just nothing to do on this ugly campus located in a really terrible place.I cannot wait to leave you Marquette. You will not be missed.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Individual Value: F

Race shouldn't be a

Oct 11 2013Civil Engineering
Race shouldn't be a big deal in our society anymore, but the way most white people treat people color here is quite disrespectful. I'm sometimes ashamed to know the school i attend looks at me differently.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017