StudentsReview :: The University of Wisconsin Superior - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Wisconsin Superior

This is a good school

May 13 2013Sociology
This is a good school. But recently our Chancellor and her "staff" has been taking out our diversity classes. Such as chinese course was taken out. Now they won't even accommodate to us students who are minoring in chinese. forcing us to study abroad (which they don't even offer any scholarships!) or take course in UMD which takes alot of your time. This is to be going in the wrong path. I swear the KKK is in our Admin. staff...
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: F

UW Superior is really good at giving students

Sep 06 2012Business - Management and Administration
UW Superior is really good at giving students opportunities to get involved, but a lot of people hesitate to take them. My advice would be to 'just do it'! Get involved! Go to athletic events, plays, and concerts. If you see something promoted that you think looks even slightly cool, check it out! It's easy to be apathetic about things and blame others. This school is great and gives everyone amazing opportunities, you just have to reach for them and look for them. They aren't all handed to you!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C

I love UWS! There is a good amount

Oct 09 2012Education
I love UWS! There is a good amount of school spirit but we're not crazy. There are a lot of parties if you want to do that and if you don't their fairly easy to avoid (Basically a matter of hanging out behind CMO if you're looking for a party). The food is really good. They most always have four meal options, as well as open salad and sandwich stations. There is also a pizza station and a campus coffee shop. The dorms are your typical jail-cells. Except for Osterador Hall, they're very coe-ed. Personally I like that but if you don't want very coe-ed you can request to live in Osterandor. The bathrooms are much much less to be desired. Much less. Theyre so bad. But the UWS community of students is a real one--Its like a big family and as a new freshman coming in I automatically felt like a part of it. College is fucking awesome and I highly suggest you choose UWS.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016