StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

I'm not going to bash BC, since itQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm not going to bash BC, since it seems as though once upon a time they did hold a credible spot in the higher education field but those days are long gone. Students that attend this college rather do drugs then have stimulating conversations with their peers, which makes it hard for anyone with half a brain to stay active on campus. The teachers are friendly but have no real world experience and typically talk about themselves with an airy feeling of grandeur.

The campus is filled with students that wait for the opportunity to steal, even if it the object is worth nothing more than a dollar. The admissions board has no interest in recruiting students that aspire to be the "Steve Jobs," of the world instead they want the "Tom Brady's." I laugh at this notion, especially since the football team is in a D3 league with no hope of winning a PAC ... The College would be fine if it had even a slight population interested in learning, instead you have a 99% population on scholarships that do more drugs then humanly possible and the 1% that are interested in learning barely come out of their dorms from fear of the other hooligans on campus. To say the least coming to Bethany was the single worst decision I've ever made in my life and I hope to leave as soon as possible...

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
this school is over priced, and if youBrightEducation
this school is over priced, and if you make 1 mistake the whole school is quick to label. and trust me anything you do there will be known by both staff and students, so in other words its like high school all over again. my final piece of advice is be aware of the racism there. its not as obvious but as you spend more time there you will understand. for example how security hassles the dorms that pro-dominantly black for smoking weed, but dont bother the pro-dominantly white greek houses that sell and also smoke the weed. but not everything is bad there. they have some great teachers but also some that should not b there
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Social Life: F
I would tell any prospective student, that despiteQuite Bright
I would tell any prospective student, that despite the name and history, this is NOT a christian school. I was offered drugs and alcohol my first night as a freshman, I was date raped my first semester, and the pressure to be sexually promiscuous was so constant I knew few girls that didn't cave to the very predatory upper clansmen. Greek life (aka partying and popularity contests) is way more important than academics, and those who aren't involved get snubbed. Sort of ridiculous considering the tiny size of the school. Many of the professors are barely older than the students, and I found the level of learning to be truly little more than high school. Underage drinking is accepted, almost encouraged and drugs/sex are everywhere; not really what I went to college for, and sort of disgusting how tolerated it all is. I saw recently a professor was charged with rape. It's is heart wrenching to think this place was started by anyone of faith. This school is super expensive for anyone out of state, which I don't understand where the money goes. Not into the dorms/food/classes/programs. I found that the reputation for the school with employers and other schools was either nonexistent or not very positive. I will be paying student loans for a long time, but I can't undo what those years did to me. I don't think any parent would want what happened to me for their child's college experience.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009