StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

Though this may come across as bias, IQuite Bright
Though this may come across as bias, I feel as if this is honestly the worst school in America. They claim to be a Church of Christ school, however they bring in nothing but "thugs" for athletics and they usually drop out and bring more in. I have not met a freshman yet that says they love it up here. Bethany has one of the worst retention rates in the nation. I cannot stress how horrible this school is. I came here to play Football since they seemed so genuine when it came to recruiting only to find out that they brought in 120 freshman football players... Which most likely 10 will stay. They have a bar that serves underage alcohol. Which this may come across as cool, but its not. They have security and cops who wait for certain kids to walk out only to bust them with underage drinking. I HATE this school. Since the first week of school I was ready to leave and my thoughts have not changed a bit for a single second. The surrounding area is horrible, there is absolutely nothing to do. And Bethany may act like they want you for athletics or etc. However in reality that could care less. This school is a complete scam they just want your money and that's it. Now granted the teachers are friendly and some students are nice and cool it does not make up for the negatives this school has. I honestly wouldn't stay here if they paid me the money to come here. This school is also notorious for having "Magic Mushrooms" look it up. About ten years ago there was a bust of over 100 students (Keep in mind Bethany has like 600-700 kids) for picking and eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. Thats the perfect environment you want your kid in! Oh and the football team is horrible, the lacrosse team is terrible and the track and baseball teams suck. There is no school spirit here. There is no such thing as unity. This was honestly one of the worst mistakes of my life coming here. Please do not make the same mistake I did. I would start a campaign to get this school discontinued if I could. Everyone who i talk to always has a ton of negative comments to state about this school.

Oh and on a closing note the "Greek life" is pathetic. The social life is non existing. I feel as if I traveled back in time and I am currently stuck in HELL. The computer labs are awful, still running on windows XP.. The dorms are disgusting. And being a former athlete everyone at this school is an athlete. Which if you dont play sports have a good time fitting in. This school is nothing but cliques and thugs. In my closing remarks please NEVER COME HERE. SAVE YOUR MONEY SAVE YOUR TIME AND DO NOT WASTE A YEAR OF YOUR LIFE LIKE I DID.

Oh and lastly your freshman year they make you take bullshit classes. For example they make you take a foreign language again, in which will be an elective and not transferable class. They make you take j term which once again wont trasnfer and then they make you pick from a list of classes such as superheroes, beatles, heroes and villains, olympic games, and etc. THESE WONT TRANSFER. And how do you think a university will react when they a superhero class on your schedule? They will laugh. DO NOT COME HERE

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: B, Education Quality: F
I'm not going to bash BC, since itQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm not going to bash BC, since it seems as though once upon a time they did hold a credible spot in the higher education field but those days are long gone. Students that attend this college rather do drugs then have stimulating conversations with their peers, which makes it hard for anyone with half a brain to stay active on campus. The teachers are friendly but have no real world experience and typically talk about themselves with an airy feeling of grandeur.

The campus is filled with students that wait for the opportunity to steal, even if it the object is worth nothing more than a dollar. The admissions board has no interest in recruiting students that aspire to be the "Steve Jobs," of the world instead they want the "Tom Brady's." I laugh at this notion, especially since the football team is in a D3 league with no hope of winning a PAC ... The College would be fine if it had even a slight population interested in learning, instead you have a 99% population on scholarships that do more drugs then humanly possible and the 1% that are interested in learning barely come out of their dorms from fear of the other hooligans on campus. To say the least coming to Bethany was the single worst decision I've ever made in my life and I hope to leave as soon as possible...

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
This school is over priced, and if youBrightEducation
This school is over priced, and if you make 1 mistake the whole school is quick to label. and trust me anything you do there will be known by both staff and students, so in other words its like high school all over again. my final piece of advice is be aware of the racism there. its not as obvious but as you spend more time there you will understand. for example how security hassles the dorms that pro-dominantly black for smoking weed, but dont bother the pro-dominantly white greek houses that sell and also smoke the weed. but not everything is bad there. they have some great teachers but also some that should not b there
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Social Life: F

Bell Mar Beauty College (IL)

California State University - Sacramento (CA)

D Youville College (NY) 1:negative

Spencerian College - Louisville (KY)

Compare BethanySave Bethany

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→