StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

Oct 24 2011Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bethany College is a beautiful campus where you will learn a lot about yourself and you will make life long friends. The Faculty care about the students and they are always willing to help. Although some of the core requirements are boring your actual major is interesting. Sometimes Bethany can take a little bit of getting used to but if you stick around you will make lifelong friends, recieve a great eduation and never resent a single day spent there. Our alumni network at BC is great and because it is such a small close network they are great about helping you get internships as well.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D
Apr 18 2011Economics
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bethany was an amazing place to get an overall education. The scenery and local flavor is unique unto itself. The faculty are outstanding. The campus and town is very small so it's important to be able to make your own fun. The friends I made there are people I will know the rest of my life. I met my wife there. The important thing to realize about Bethany is its about opportunity. If you want to do something Bethany is the place for you, if you want something to be done for you, you are better off at a bigger school.
Preparedness: B Reputation: B-
Feb 07 2011Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I would tell any prospective student, that despite the name and history, this is NOT a christian school. I was offered drugs and alcohol my first night as a freshman, I was date raped my first semester, and the pressure to be sexually promiscuious was so constant I knew few girls that didn't cave to the very predatory upper classmen. Greek life (aka partying and popularity contests) is way more important than academics, and those who aren't involved get snubbed. Sort of ridiculous considering the tiny size of the school. Many of the professors are barely older than the students, and I found the level of learning to be truly little more than high school. Underage drinking is accepted, almost encouraged and drugs/sex are everywhere; not really what I went to college for, and sort of disgusting how tolerated it all is. I saw recently a professor was charged with rape. It's is heart wrenching to think this place was started by anyone of faith. This school is super expensive for anyone out of state, which I don't understand where the money goes. Not into the dorms/food/classes/programs. I found that the reputatation for the school with employers and other schools was either nonexistent or not very positive. I will be paying student loans for a long time, but I can't undo what those years did to me. I don't think any parent would want what happened to me for their child's college experience.
Preparedness: B- Reputation: C-