StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

It is a fine

Jun 22 2008Communications
It is a fine college in the hills of WV, if that is what you are looking for. Be wary of the comprehensive exams and the fact that credits from the freshman year are difficult to transfer if you decide BC is not for you. The comps are stressful, but, you feel great after you pass!
Starting Job: Office Manager Preparedness: F Reputation: C

I absolutely loved my 4 years at Bethany

Oct 03 2007Computer Science
I absolutely loved my 4 years at Bethany. I thoroughly enjoyed the students, faculty, and campus.
Socially, Bethany is what you make of it. While it may be a small school it offers you a great chance to meet a wide array of people. My older brother went to a very large school and by the end of his 4 years he had 1 good friend and only got to know a handful of people. Conversely, you will meet almost everyone at Bethany. Really, if you think about it if you go to school with 40,000 people, how many of them are you actually going to meet?

I have attended two other schools for graduate work after Bethany and currently work at a larger university. I can say without any hesitation that the education I received from Bethany was more than satisfactory. You will be very lucky to find professors that will spend so much time making sure you understand the coursework as the Bethany faculty.

It is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. There is a reason so many people go back for homecoming and so many of the students are lifelong friends.

Starting Job: Desktop Support Preparedness: A Reputation: C

Bethany was a complete waste of my time,

Dec 22 2007Business - Management and Administration
Bethany was a complete waste of my time, money, and credits. I would have to admitt they are good slaes people because they seem very convinsing when you apply. I went because of the Eqestrian Program. Sadly that was the biggest mistake of my life. The teachers, did not even graduate from college themselves, oviously Bethany does not do background checks either. When I attended the school they were having a serious problem with the security officers being to agressive. I did not notice the problem until I was Verablly harrsed by one of them. I made Three written complents and the school did nothing to insure my safty. The campus is to small, narrow minded, and alot of the teachers were once students there and they came back to teach. they have no sense of the real world. Being at bethany makes you feel traped and lonleny. If you liked high school you would like bethany, plus if you like drugs its the only thing to do there. Simply I would never reconmend this school to my worst ememy. And also they do not even have really majors, like Bussiness. If you go there You can never transfer out because they trap you in with make belive credits. DOnt try it, it was a waste of 20 thousand dollors.
1st Year Female -- Class 2011