StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

Bethany was an amazing place to get an

Apr 18 2011Economics
Bethany was an amazing place to get an overall education. The scenery and local flavor is unique unto itself. The faculty are outstanding. The campus and town is very small so it's important to be able to make your own fun. The friends I made there are people I will know the rest of my life. I met my wife there. The important thing to realize about Bethany is its about opportunity. If you want to do something Bethany is the place for you, if you want something to be done for you, you are better off at a bigger school.
Preparedness: B Reputation: B-

I came into this school thinking it was

Jun 12 2014Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
I came into this school thinking it was going to a lot of fun and that everyone would be friendly and that i would be able to socialize with other people without having to be intoxicated. However, i was wrong this school is full of druggies and drunks that could absolutely care less about the academics. the facilities are absolutely horrible for example the wifi is terrible meaning you will wait 10 minutes just to load google. to make things worse there is a power outage once every 2 weeks and they typically last for a whole day or two..

Also being that west virginia is a state that receives a lot of snow be prepared to walk to class on unsalted/unplowed side walks because they are too cheap to plow or salt anywhere.

I decided to come to bethany because i thought the dorms were nice and i wanted to play baseball. well turned out the dorms weren't as nice as they seemed due to power outages and shitty/nonexistant internet. As far as baseball goes the coach is an idiot to put it nicely. we won a total of 2 games out of 40 yet he still would stick the same people out there instead of taking his favorites out.Coming to this school was an complete mistake on my part and i truly do regret it. do not come to this school

Lets first say that if you are from

Aug 20 2013Communications
Lets first say that if you are from a small town or like to be a big fish in a small pond you will succeed at this school. I am from a large city and it was just too much for me to handle with absolutly nothing to get away from. There is a small town of Wellsburg which is about twenty minutes away which has a Kroger or Sheetz to get get food but thats about it. The Frats and Sororities were ok but got old fast. They try to do things to keep you occupied but I'm telling you it is killer boring and I played a sport and lifted everyday. The classes are fine and challenging but forget it if you need to talk to a professor they are fighting to get out of their to. The professor turn over rate is rather large. It seems that they get their experience there at bethany and move on. If you want something stolen this is the place for you there is something called CV shopping where kids go through the dorms looking for unlocked rooms, which there is no shortage of, and rob those kids blind looking for aderol, TV's and anything that is not nailed down. Keep your stuff locked up everynight. I met some great kids there though and will miss them and on Prof that actually cared about me and talked straight to me telling me that I should go because she noticed how miserable I was there. If you go here keep your eyes open lots of bad stuff can happen here. Drugs are big and can consume you if you let it. With that said there are a ton of kids that absolutly love this place to it just wasn't for me.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: C, Surrounding City: F

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

University of Minnesota Twin Cities (MN) 1:positive