StudentsReview ™ :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

Bethany was an amazing place to get an

Apr 18 2011Economics
Bethany was an amazing place to get an overall education. The scenery and local flavor is unique unto itself. The faculty are outstanding. The campus and town is very small so it's important to be able to make your own fun. The friends I made there are people I will know the rest of my life. I met my wife there. The important thing to realize about Bethany is its about opportunity. If you want to do something Bethany is the place for you, if you want something to be done for you, you are better off at a bigger school.
Preparedness: B Reputation: B-

Lets first say that if you are from

Aug 20 2013Communications
Lets first say that if you are from a small town or like to be a big fish in a small pond you will succeed at this school. I am from a large city and it was just too much for me to handle with absolutly nothing to get away from. There is a small town of Wellsburg which is about twenty minutes away which has a Kroger or Sheetz to get get food but thats about it. The Frats and Sororities were ok but got old fast. They try to do things to keep you occupied but I'm telling you it is killer boring and I played a sport and lifted everyday. The classes are fine and challenging but forget it if you need to talk to a professor they are fighting to get out of their to. The professor turn over rate is rather large. It seems that they get their experience there at bethany and move on. If you want something stolen this is the place for you there is something called CV shopping where kids go through the dorms looking for unlocked rooms, which there is no shortage of, and rob those kids blind looking for aderol, TV's and anything that is not nailed down. Keep your stuff locked up everynight. I met some great kids there though and will miss them and on Prof that actually cared about me and talked straight to me telling me that I should go because she noticed how miserable I was there. If you go here keep your eyes open lots of bad stuff can happen here. Drugs are big and can consume you if you let it. With that said there are a ton of kids that absolutly love this place to it just wasn't for me.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: C, Surrounding City: F

Bethany College is a beautiful campus where you

Oct 24 2011Communications
Bethany College is a beautiful campus where you will learn a lot about yourself and you will make life long friends. The Faculty care about the students and they are always willing to help. Although some of the core requirements are boring your actual major is interesting. Sometimes Bethany can take a little bit of getting used to but if you stick around you will make lifelong friends, recieve a great eduation and never resent a single day spent there. Our alumni network at BC is great and because it is such a small close network they are great about helping you get internships as well.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013