StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

This school was an absolute waste of time

Jul 25 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This school was an absolute waste of time and money. My transfer paperwork was finally accepted, I can't wait to go to a new college next year! I went here for one year, for business and the experience was terrifying. There were parties every night with plenty of fights to go around. I was offered almost every single drug you can purchase. The girls I met in class said that they were sexually assaulted and harassed by plenty of the student athletes, who by the way can barely read or write. The food made me sick on several occasions. The walkaways are never plowed! I had to walk up snow covered hills for F#$#$# reason!

I came into this school thinking it was

Jun 12 2014Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I came into this school thinking it was going to a lot of fun and that everyone would be friendly and that i would be able to socialize with other people without having to be intoxicated. However, i was wrong this school is full of druggies and drunks that could absolutely care less about the academics. the facilities are absolutely horrible for example the wifi is terrible meaning you will wait 10 minutes just to load google. to make things worse there is a power outage once every 2 weeks and they typically last for a whole day or two..

Also being that west virginia is a state that receives a lot of snow be prepared to walk to class on unsalted/unplowed side walks because they are too cheap to plow or salt anywhere.

I decided to come to bethany because i thought the dorms were nice and i wanted to play baseball. well turned out the dorms weren't as nice as they seemed due to power outages and shitty/nonexistant internet. As far as baseball goes the coach is an idiot to put it nicely. we won a total of 2 games out of 40 yet he still would stick the same people out there instead of taking his favorites out.Coming to this school was an complete mistake on my part and i truly do regret it. do not come to this school

Lets first say that if you are from

Aug 20 2013Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Lets first say that if you are from a small town or like to be a big fish in a small pond you will succeed at this school. I am from a large city and it was just too much for me to handle with absolutly nothing to get away from. There is a small town of Wellsburg which is about twenty minutes away which has a Kroger or Sheetz to get get food but thats about it. The Frats and Sororities were ok but got old fast. They try to do things to keep you occupied but I'm telling you it is killer boring and I played a sport and lifted everyday. The classes are fine and challenging but forget it if you need to talk to a professor they are fighting to get out of their to. The professor turn over rate is rather large. It seems that they get their experience there at bethany and move on. If you want something stolen this is the place for you there is something called CV shopping where kids go through the dorms looking for unlocked rooms, which there is no shortage of, and rob those kids blind looking for aderol, TV's and anything that is not nailed down. Keep your stuff locked up everynight. I met some great kids there though and will miss them and on Prof that actually cared about me and talked straight to me telling me that I should go because she noticed how miserable I was there. If you go here keep your eyes open lots of bad stuff can happen here. Drugs are big and can consume you if you let it. With that said there are a ton of kids that absolutly love this place to it just wasn't for me.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014