StudentsReview :: Bethany College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethany College

Please listen to me.Biology
Please listen to me. I'm a hardworking student stuck in hell. This school don't give a damn about you. They just want your money. They make your financial aid look fancy, but its doesn't even fully covers your freshmen year like it claims. EVERYONE GETS THE $3000 MERIT SCHOLARSHIP. They know that parents make the final decision on where their kid goes to college, so they make it look good. Please, please,please do not come here. Bethany academics suck unless you're a communications major. The food is horrible. I LOST the freshmen 15 and sophomore 30. The food makes everyone sick and if you try to get healthy food, the cooks will throw you shade. This student went on a hunger strike and the school threaten to kick him out. All the dude wanted was green lettuce instead of the brown stuff they serve everyday. The people here are thugs and bitches that think they're everything. Everyone is everyone business. I didn't even go through this high school. My life is ruined after coming here. They won't let you transfer , so you basically have to drop out. Going to Bethany has been and will always be the worst mistake in my life. I wish I could turn back time. And this is coming from a student who had options. I got into 10 colleges WVU and OSU just to name a few. And my mother made me go to Bethany because of the so called financial aid. I'm in more debt than I would have if I went somewhere else. Please I beg of you, don't come here. Side note: for all you athletes who have been recruited, get use to losing and not playing. Once you quit the sport the school literally turns its back on you. If want to be successful in life and go to any professional program after college don't come here.
This school was an absolute waste of timeBusiness - Management and Administration
This school was an absolute waste of time and money. My transfer paperwork was finally accepted, I can't wait to go to a new college next year! I went here for one year, for business and the experience was terrifying. There were parties every night with plenty of fights to go around. I was offered almost every single drug you can purchase. The girls I met in class said that they were sexually assaulted and harassed by plenty of the student athletes, who by the way can barely read or write. The food made me sick on several occasions. The walkaways are never plowed! I had to walk up snow covered hills for F#$#$# reason!
I came into this school thinking it wasPhysical Therapy/Exercise Science
I came into this school thinking it was going to a lot of fun and that everyone would be friendly and that i would be able to socialize with other people without having to be intoxicated. However, i was wrong this school is full of druggies and drunks that could absolutely care less about the academics. the facilities are absolutely horrible for example the wifi is terrible meaning you will wait 10 minutes just to load google. to make things worse there is a power outage once every 2 weeks and they typically last for a whole day or two..

Also being that west virginia is a state that receives a lot of snow be prepared to walk to class on unsalted/unplowed side walks because they are too cheap to plow or salt anywhere.

I decided to come to bethany because i thought the dorms were nice and i wanted to play baseball. well turned out the dorms weren't as nice as they seemed due to power outages and shitty/nonexistant internet. As far as baseball goes the coach is an idiot to put it nicely. we won a total of 2 games out of 40 yet he still would stick the same people out there instead of taking his favorites out.Coming to this school was an complete mistake on my part and i truly do regret it. do not come to this school

University of Texas - Arlington (TX) 1:negative

Montclair State University (NJ) 1:negative

University of West Georgia (GA) 1:negative

Ozarks Technical Community College (MO) 1:negative

Compare BethanySave Bethany

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→