StudentsReview :: Wheeling Jesuit University - Comments and Student Experiences

Wheeling Jesuit University

Coming to Jesuit was the best decision I've

May 08 2014Education
Coming to Jesuit was the best decision I've ever made. People, possible employers, are always impressed by Jesuit students instead of one of the other local schools. It is more expensive, but worth it. I'm in education, not only are teachers always available, but our Dean is open and available, too. Truly a student centered program. Love it!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F

The people are what really make the university

Jan 04 2014Athletics/Training
The people are what really make the university. My peers really make WJU a place that I want to go. I changed my perception of the school on an overnight visit my parents forced me to go on. After that I did a 180 and it went from my 3rd choice to 1st choice, above OSU (Columbus campus). Maintenance is the main problem that I see at the school, and a bit of administrative problems. The faculty and staff are very open and friendly. Take a tour before you decide that you want to go and it will open your eyes.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: C-

The education department is not put together well

Nov 12 2013Education
The education department is not put together well at all. Student may find themselves forced to eighteen to twenty credit hours in order to get through in four years. Many students are also forced to take summer classes. They schedule education classes at the same time and only offer one section. This causes students a lot of grief and stress. The teachers know what students are going through and do not appear to be helping. It is not the students fault that the teachers messed up, but, yet, we are the ones paying for it. Even if this school did offer a masters degree in education, I would not come here for it. It is not worth my time. If I didn't have only three semesters left, I would transfer.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015