StudentsReview :: Wheeling Jesuit University - Comments and Student Experiences

Wheeling Jesuit University

Aug 19 2010Radiological Sciences

http://savewju.blogspot.com/Read and make up your own mind.

1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Social Life: F

Coming to Jesuit was the best decision I've

May 08 2014Education
Coming to Jesuit was the best decision I've ever made. People, possible employers, are always impressed by Jesuit students instead of one of the other local schools. It is more expensive, but worth it. I'm in education, not only are teachers always available, but our Dean is open and available, too. Truly a student centered program. Love it!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F

If I had to this over again, I

Oct 31 2014Education
If I had to this over again, I would not come to this school for education. It's just simply not put together very well. There's a number of things, just simply wrong. The school will not let them hire another full time staff member, which results in them being understaffed, which in turn effects their teaching. Two of three FULL TIME STAFF members do not even teach face to face and leave it up the other full time staff member and part time teachers. Special Education is completely online, even though the teacher is capable of and should teach these classes face to face. I do not feel prepared at all to pass my special education tests because I have not learned anything.

Another problem I have with the education department is the way they handle scheduling. They only offer one section of each class, certain times of the year. Sometimes they even offer two different classes at the same time on the day. They refuse to move them!!! We don't really get into our majors until junior year and this is a big problem that they don't seem to want to correct.

What I got and what I signed up for are two different things. Knowing what I know now, I would not have come here and in fact, I considered transferring at the end of my second year. It was not just the education program that has caused this negative feelings.

There was a mix up with my FAFSA paperwork that was 100% on financial aid and the school tried to charge me full tuition. They did this a large percentage of the school and would not fix it. It did get corrected, but it was a very stressful summer and as a result, I do not trust them with anything.

There has just been a number of changes and many of the students are upset with them. The school changes rules to fit their needs, not the students. They keep telling us that we are not numbers but people, but it does not seem like that. It's such a shame because this used to be a really good school.

Come on WJU! Get you act together!

4th Year Female -- Class 2015