StudentsReview :: West Virginia University - Comments and Student Experiences

West Virginia University

WVU is a wonderful underrated school with a

Oct 12 2014Geography and Geosciences
WVU is a wonderful underrated school with a beautiful campus and a great place to be! My favorite part of WVU is the sense of community. Once you're a mountaineer, you're a mountaineer for life. Everyone from faculty and staff to the stranger in the gym is so incredibly friendly and welcoming. There is something for everyone at WVU whether it be the challenge of academics in the Honors College, social night life, sports and football games, or climbing on the rock wall at the rec. I would never take back my decision to come to WVU!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: A-

Choosing to go to Wvu was the best

Oct 05 2014Business - Management and Administration
Choosing to go to Wvu was the best decision of my life. I chose this school over Ohio State,University of Virginia, Umass Amherst, East Carolina University, and Uconn. I chose this school because it was large out of state and it was in a power 5 conference. The football games are so fun.

Coming here I worried if I would fit in. I knew Wvu has a reputation of a big party school. This worried me and my parents. However it is no big deal. There are parties every night but you dont have to go or if you do not everyone drinks. Nobody forces you at all. Plus there are alot of people who do not drink and have fun.

The rec center is amazing, and the campus is very nice and big. I have not had any problems with the PRT yet but the weather is still nice. I currently live in brooke tower on evansdale and I cant be happier. Everybody knows everyone on our floor and everyone is so friendly. My advice, come here if you want to have the best 4 years of your life and a fantastic, underrated education. The party school rank means nothing, and stuff like that happens everywhere. I couldn?t imagine myself anywhere else. Lets go mountaineers!

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B

If you are an open minded person with

Sep 23 2014Mechanical Engineering
If you are an open minded person with ideals of seeing the world and divulging yourself into new cultures, whilst still embracing your own, then WVU is not for you. In the short time I have been here I never seen such an epicenter for arrogance, racism, and just utter disregard for common decency and human well being. I came to this school for a new start, get my work done, get a degree, and still try to have fun. But when the idea of "fun" is either being a religious sports fanatic, being a drunken asshole, or just an overall stereotype for the south, that is quite challenging. If you are a guy at least, trying to have a conversation with another individual about anything besides how your sports teams are doing or jamming your dong into the closest girl with a vagina will usually end up with you being called gay or at least labeled as weird. On the note of homosexuality, practically every person I've had the displeasure of talking to, including my roommates, are extremely homophobic. Now I am not gay, but you dont see me insulting the gay community and every person I don't agree with every anti-gay insult they can think of, which is not that many. It is wrong and just plain childish and idiotic, grow the fuck up. On top of that everyone here is so out of touch with the world around them, and the most frustrating part about it, is that they don't care. They would die happy living their lives watching sports on tv, drinking, and fucking, even at the expense to the world around them. It is quite appalling how the state has allowed these students to continuously give them a bad reputation for social backwardness when this is exactly where it comes from. I've just decided to work instead of participate in this atrocity of a social life this school has. Hopefully something changes. As for me, I am transferring out the next chance I get. This place takes us back to 1800s and Im trying to live in the 21st century so peace.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016