StudentsReview :: West Virginia University - Comments and Student Experiences

West Virginia University

Dec 04 2014Engineering Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Came as a Mechanical/Aero engineer... engineering school is top notch. some really BRILLIANT kids here... WVU gives you all the the tools you need to be a successful engineer, and we prove it every year with a almost 100% employment rate upon graduation. I know kids that got into MIT and came here do do petri engineering or other awesome disciplines that are not common. 1 of 9 mining engineering programs in the USA! I got into the best school in the country for my major, and I came here. I personally know alums working at spacex, nasa and Boeing currently, but there's ALOT more than that. Come here, try hard and I guarantee you will end up where you want to be. Every semester I learn so much! we are an engineer factory!!! Also med school is good here also. So if you are in med or engineering definitely check out WVUso glad I came here, can not wait to start my career
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C+
Oct 12 2014Geography and Geosciences
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
WVU is a wonderful underrated school with a beautiful campus and a great place to be! My favorite part of WVU is the sense of community. Once you're a mountaineer, you're a mountaineer for life. Everyone from faculty and staff to the stranger in the gym is so incredibly friendly and welcoming. There is something for everyone at WVU whether it be the challenge of academics in the Honors College, social night life, sports and football games, or climbing on the rock wall at the rec. I would never take back my decision to come to WVU!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: A-
Oct 05 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Choosing to go to Wvu was the best decision of my life. I chose this school over Ohio State,University of Virginia, Umass Amherst, East Carolina University, and Uconn. I chose this school because it was large out of state and it was in a power 5 conference. The football games are so fun.

Coming here I worried if I would fit in. I knew Wvu has a reputation of a big party school. This worried me and my parents. However it is no big deal. There are parties every night but you dont have to go or if you do not everyone drinks. Nobody forces you at all. Plus there are alot of people who do not drink and have fun.

The rec center is amazing, and the campus is very nice and big. I have not had any problems with the PRT yet but the weather is still nice. I currently live in brooke tower on evansdale and I cant be happier. Everybody knows everyone on our floor and everyone is so friendly. My advice, come here if you want to have the best 4 years of your life and a fantastic, underrated education. The party school rank means nothing, and stuff like that happens everywhere. I couldn?t imagine myself anywhere else. Lets go mountaineers!

1st Year Male -- Class 2018