StudentsReview ™ :: West Virginia University - Comments and Student Experiences

West Virginia University

WVU is an amazing place

Apr 07 2014Other
WVU is an amazing place. Being from New Jersey and coming here was a huge culture shock. The people here love their Mountaineers. Everywhere you go you see Blue and Gold I think that's amazing. The love that students and Morgantown residents have for the school really drew me here. The sports are usually very good and fun to attend, there is no place like Morgantown on gameday. Social life is great, really don't need to be in a frat to have fun trust me. Academics are better than what people will typically say about WVU. We always get a bad wrap with people outside of the WVU family but if you want a good education, fun atmosphere, and new experience seriously look into West Virginia University!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-

I came to WVU as a biology major

Feb 02 2014Biology
I came to WVU as a biology major. I love the university and I could not imagine myself anywhere else. Ive seen a lot of comments about the students here being rude and not very friendly and they didn't make many friends. If you decide to come here it's a big school so you're going to have to put yourself out there and try to make friends not just expect friends to come to you. As for the biology program, I hate it. I loved AP biology my senior year in high school but hated my biology classes and labs here. I cant really pinpoint one reason why, I'm just not interested in it anymore. Switching my major to dental hygiene. The financial aid the school offers is awesome.
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Education Quality: F

There is a myth going around that this

Sep 12 2013Physics
There is a myth going around that this is a diverse school of students from many different countries, cultures, religions, and ethnicities. I'm here to say that it's all false. It is nothing but a school for white trash who could barely get their high school diplomas. All they do is party with their hick accents, never show up to class, and are arrogant towards non-whites. If you're not white and you go to this University, your time here will be absolute hell. Nobody will want to talk to you as they'll assume you're a foreigner, and the ones that do will think it's hilarious to call you a sand nigger. This school is far from being a good educational environment.