StudentsReview :: West Virginia University - Comments and Student Experiences

West Virginia University

West Virginia is truly a great University.BrightNutrition
West Virginia is truly a great University. The school really does care about its students and shows this by providing fancy dinners in the dining hall before Christmas Break and Spring Break. I only stayed at WVU for one year due to home sickness but I wish I would have given it another chance. The scenery and campus is absoutley beautiful. Students do love to party but what school doesn't? There are plenty of students who are not into drinking constantly it may just take a little bit of time to find them. The professors really want you to learn and the school spirit is just phenomenal at WVU. The school has plenty of extracurriculars for students to engage in and the dorms are very well kept (I lived in the towers both Brooke and Braxton- I switched rooms halfway through the year). Forever thankful for all the things WVU taught me & forever a mountaineer at heart even though I transferred closer to home.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C
Came as a Mechanical/Aero engineer.Quite BrightEngineering Department
Came as a Mechanical/Aero engineer... engineering school is top notch. some really BRILLIANT kids here... WVU gives you all the the tools you need to be a successful engineer, and we prove it every year with a almost 100% employment rate upon graduation. I know kids that got into MIT and came here do do petri engineering or other awesome disciplines that are not common. 1 of 9 mining engineering programs in the USA! I got into the best school in the country for my major, and I came here. I personally know alums working at spacex, nasa and Boeing currently, but there's ALOT more than that. Come here, try hard and I guarantee you will end up where you want to be. Every semester I learn so much! we are an engineer factory!!! Also med school is good here also. So if you are in med or engineering definitely check out WVUso glad I came here, can not wait to start my career
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C+
WVU is a wonderful underrated school with aQuite BrightGeography and Geosciences
WVU is a wonderful underrated school with a beautiful campus and a great place to be! My favorite part of WVU is the sense of community. Once you're a mountaineer, you're a mountaineer for life. Everyone from faculty and staff to the stranger in the gym is so incredibly friendly and welcoming. There is something for everyone at WVU whether it be the challenge of academics in the Honors College, social night life, sports and football games, or climbing on the rock wall at the rec. I would never take back my decision to come to WVU!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015