StudentsReview :: Malformed University Name, Uncategorized Surveys - Comments and Student Experiences

Rate Malformed Now

Undergraduate, Graduate, Medical School, Online College, Online College, Online College, MBA/Business school, Online College, Online College, Law school, Online College, Online College, Online College, Online College, Medical School, Online College, Law school, Online College, Online College, Law school, Online College, Online College, Law school, Law school, Online College, Medical School, Online College, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, Online College, Online College, Online College, Online College, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, Law school, Medical School, Law school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, Medical School, Law school, Law school, Online College, Law school, Law school, Online College, Online College, MBA/Business school, Online College, Online College, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, Online College, Law school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Law school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Online College, Online College, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Law school, Medical School, Law school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, Law school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Law school, Law school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Law school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Law school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Law school, Online College, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Law school, Online College, MBA/Business school, Online College, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Law school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Online College, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Medical School, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, MBA/Business school, Online College, Medical School, Medical School, Medical School, MBA/Business school, Medical School, Medical School, Alumni, Upload campus photo, Add campus video

Rate your professor, Casual Comment

Malformed University Name, Uncategorized Surveys

As a retired college art/design professor I thinkBrightArt & Design Department
As a retired college art/design professor I think the composite overview of the advice given to prospective college students is quite comprehensive. However, I always recommended that before selecting a major/college, high school students should visit in person several work sites that apply to their career interests in order to see what a "day in the life" would be like if they worked in that profession. An example would be several architects I have met over the years. After reading all of the romanticized literature they ended up being no more than glorified draftsmen for many years before they actually got a chance to create original work. Architecture is a very misogynistic professional discipline and I always advised female students to be prepared for unique challenges both in school and on the job. When high school students visit various sites of career interest they should ask if graduating from a particular college would give them the best chance to work there. In other words, let the professionals in the student's field of interest recommend the best school. Granted, the "best" schools usually ends up being the most expensive but it paid off for me because I got accepted into a highly competitive graduate school and on to a very fulfilling college position where I looked forward to clocking in every day until I retired after nearly thirty years.
Starting Job: adjunct art faculty; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
Ringling's computer animation seems to be a goodQuite BrightArt & Design Department
Ringling's computer animation seems to be a good major, but honestly, its getting out of date, all the students are making the same kind film every year. There is no difference in style. Also the faculties at Ringling are getting worse and worse every year. Even some of the high school teacher are better in my opinion. The department head Jim McCampbell 's daughter goes to Ringling's computer animation major, but she failed her classes during sophomore year and dropped out. and he seems he doesn't even care about it. If she was my daughter I will try to at least help her to get better since I'm the department head.... Do something...It feels like the department head don't even care about his daughter, so don't even think about all the students in the department.....Overall, Ringling is relatively good in the past few years. But it seems like its going down hill. My recommendation for you is if you are serious about your future, don't spend your money here.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
After reading some of the reviews, I guessNot so bright
After reading some of the reviews, I guess I can't say that I am shocked to see that there are a couple of other young women out there who had the same experience that I did.

I was also assaulted my freshman year, which was in 2006. Methinks the same person was involved in at least one of these other reviewers. Yes- I also went to Student Affairs, because I naively believed in my 18 year old mind, that the school actually gave a shit about the welfare of students (I had not yet learned that universities are more concerned about hushing the dirt, than letting anything get to the police or the public). I thought that, because of how often they encouraged freshmen to "go to the school" if something happens to them, along with the constant barrage of "no means no" during those seminars that we were required to sit through in Autumn Term, I naively believed that this was something that would be dealt with.

I showed them text messages, and Facebook messages, which would - at the very least - prove that this guy was harassing me, and threatening me. I knew I could not prove the assault, but I could prove that something very dangerous was happening to me.

I spoke to a few people at Student Affairs. Most of them just let me talk and they didn't really seem to care what I was telling them. One young woman at Student Affairs admitted to me, to my face, that he was a known predator with multiple reports. The "known predator" was her exact verbatim and I will never forget this.

In fact, a friend had told me that she had had an incident with this particular person. I mentioned this to Student Affairs. They asked me what her name was, because they had an "eerily similar" (their words) report from another student, and they wanted to confirm the name. I told them her name, they said they had a different girl's name.

Nothing was done.
Something tells me, that with all of this new attention on universities to crack down on date rape... something tells me that Eckerd has taken note of this, and will go to even further lengths to make sure that the very obvious dirt that goes on in their administration doesn't get to the public. I do not for one second believe that they are actually cracking down on the behavior (nor do I believe this about other schools), but I do believe that they are taking more measures to make sure they can hush it before it goes to the police. How do I know this? Because from day 1 they told us that if anything is wrong, to call security first, then the police

(translation: we want to make sure we don't end up on the cover of NY Times).
Aside from what happened to me, there is no safety on the campus. Yes, the school had security guards. They did a great job of standing there while people would pass joints around or drop acid in Kappa (the 'party' dorm complex). There were a lot of ambulences being called to dorms because the drinking was so out of control. Yes, there is drinking on all college campuses. But, after I transferred to another school, I only saw an ambulance show up at a dorm once or twice. At Eckerd, it was happening multiple times every weekend. It was a normal thing.

Everyone thinks they're a hippie at that school. If you're not a hippie from some rich suburb of Boston, you will feel very left out at Eckerd. There were many times where I felt like I was hanging out with the Manson Family. My overall advice? stay away from schools like this.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F

University of Wisconsin Madison
Tulane University of Louisiana
Clemson University
B+ 8.0

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→