Advertise on StudentsReview with Google Adwords
Adwords Instructions (Dec '14)
- Create or Log into your Google Adwords Account: https://adwords.google.com
- Google changed a lot of the way the interface and campaigns work, and while confusing at first, does start to make a bit of sense (after a while).
- If you are already running a campaign, fortunately, you no longer have to create a new campaign to advertise on our great website. Just go to the Campaign tab, and select your currently running campaign.
- Now, if you select an entire "Campaign" vs an "Ad Group", the advertising placement will be associated with that one. For this example, I selected an Ad Group "Online Schools", so that my selected keywords would appear on StudentsReview.
- For a New Campaign, make sure to select either "Search Network with Display Select" or "Display Network Only" to have the option to run placement ads on StudentsReview. "Search Network Only" Campaign settings remove the functionality from any sub-ad groups in that campaign.
- (Image 1) To actually start to add a placement:
- Click on "Display Network"
- Click on "Placements"
- Click on "+ TARGETING"
- (Image 2) Then a new page will open up with the dropdown "Add Targeting" -- Select "Placements"
- (Image 3) The website placements search box will open up saying "Search for placement ideas".
- Just type in "studentsreview.com" into the search
- Click "Search"
- StudentsReview's placements will show up. You'll most likely want to pick the highest impression count ones -- once you select it, Google will show you what it actually says the placements are. Kind of backwards. Most are the same locations, just multiply targetted -- the significantly different placements are the Mobile, Sitewide, and Non-University groups. Mobile actually puts in totally different ad locations for a responsive design. Select the placements you like, more or less.
- (Image 4) Click Save to end, your selected placements should be shown.
- BID PRICE. Google will probably not show ads on StudentsReview with a bid price of less than $5.00. They keep their big chunk of money, and lower than $5 results in low performing ads (for them). Also, SR performs well for online schools and summer programs, both of which advertise pretty fiercly.
Image 1 Add to existing Campaign:
Image 2 Select Targeting:
Image 3 Add StudentsReview placements:
Image 4 Save and Confirm: