StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Contact Alumni for advice

Assistant
University : Savannah College of Art and Design ( 2007 )
Major : Other
Still in Field? :Yes
Effort Level : 4/5 (Worked Hard)
Gender : Male

Jobs held since college:
1. Television Production
2. Logger
3. Production Assistant
4. Assistant

Comment:
"
    SO I know there are a lot of people out there who are speaking negatively about this school and trust me I could give you an ear full.

But let me say this. SCAD is a business first. They need to make money just like the rest of us. Is the money you spend at SCAD worth it? It is expensive I will give you that but you get a good education but it is up to you to make the best of it. The professors will not spoon feed you materials, information or jobs.

If they feel you are qualified they will recommend you for a job and trust me when I say it is possible to get work with a degree from SCAD.

As far as safety is concerned I don't care what other people say. This town has it's dark side but it is also beautiful and if you take proper precautions than you will be ok. For example don't walk alone at night, don't leave stuff in your car where people can see it. Be smart.

Do your research and take your core classes at another school like a community college. You will SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE money by doing that and possibly get out a little sooner.

Utilize the resources they give you. If you can, work late into the night when the labs clear up. I am tired of people blaming the school for the cities problems. It is not SCAD's fault that there is no parking. There really is no place to build parking decks. Face it if you go to SCAD you are moving to a tourist town first not a college town.

I would recommend this school and trust me when I say I have every reason not to but I felt I got a good education from it. The departments and the school are still young and they are learning and with each year it get's a little better.

My final thought. Contact alumni. That is what we are here for. If you don't trust the school to hook you up with one then look it up on line. FACEBOOK is a good source or you can even get a one on one lunch with a student from the major you want to major in. Ask questions.

Good luck and have fun!
"

Ask Advice

Please keep in mind that these people are in the workforce leading busy lives... e.g. -- Be brief. If the message is too long, they will not be able to take the time to reply.
Your Email Address