StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Contact Alumni for advice

Design Manager
University : Savannah College of Art and Design ( 2003 )
Major : Art & Design Department
Still in Field? :Yes
Effort Level : 4/5 (Worked Hard)
Gender : Male

Jobs held since college:
1. Graphic Designer
2. Graphic Designer
3. Jr Art Director
4. Lead Designer
5. Design Manager

Comment:
"
    I found the years I spent at SCAD to be exactly what I made of them... Some of the best years of my life. I learned A LOT and had a lot of fun in a city that I will always love.

Pros:
    Once I graduated from SCAD I was able to hit the ground running in my field of study (graphic design). I have also found that the reputation of the school has treated me extremely well, within the design community and job market.
    I honestly feel that SCAD provided me with a big advantage over my piers once I began to apply myself professionally.

Cons:
    Although the school does an excellent job, honing it's students skills and proficiencies for the working world. They do not extend the curriculum to cover the business side of the art world (like most art programs).
    Also, I have heard (but cannot confirm) that the staff is underpaid. I would hope for better for the passionate staff I was able to study under.

Summary:
    In my experience, SCAD gave me EVERYTHING I needed to do what I love for a living.
"

Ask Advice

Please keep in mind that these people are in the workforce leading busy lives... e.g. -- Be brief. If the message is too long, they will not be able to take the time to reply.
Your Email Address