StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - How to Get into AIOFL (Undergraduate)

Academy of Art College -- San Francisco, CA

37.4%
% Overall
40.1%
Students who got into AIOFL:

Tips mention: Interview (1), ACT/SAT (4), Grades (2), Sports/Extracurriculars (0), College Essay (3)

Oct 23 2014Art & Design Department
I got into the school far too easy. the school didnt bother having me submit any work. after all, you are just money to them.

My best advice to new students is to do "RESEARCH" , get a tour of the school and talk to several students in your actual program, preferably juniors and seniors. Dont be afraid, because down the line that will cost you in money and regret.

While I don't necessarily regret attending the school, I have many good memories, I do think that I would have been better off researching and thinking about other options at the time.

ACT: 21 SAT: 1600 Male
May 07 2014Interior Design
Nothing, they will be happy to take your money and then never help you when you need it.
Mar 10 2014Other
I paid an app fee, FAFSA, took a quick test, came, and started. I don't recommend this school as they even fired teachers and got rid of programs we should still have... also no more print center in the school.
Jan 18 2014Other
It's really easy to get in. All you really need is to show you are excited about you major and have a GPA above 2.5
May 19 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I did nothing other then apply to get in. They did not look into my background of photography all they did was see that I already had gotten a bachelors degree.
Dec 11 2012Video/Media
I do not like how AiFL just accepts anyone who can pay, rather than screening the students to make sure they have what it takes to go into the field they are going into. I find many of my classmates just waste time and energy and take away from those of us who actually want to learn. I am passionate about what I do and plan to get my Masters and take my career as far as I can. My only concern is that AiFL doesn't screen their students and employers may not take my degree seriously because of that. If you can pay one way or another, you're in.