StudentsReview :: Amherst College - How to Get into AMC (Undergraduate)

Williams College -- Williamstown, MA

15.1%
11.9%
% Overall
13.3%
Sep 10 2008Language - French/Spanish/etc.
Don't go here, instead go to a college more worthwhile... if you go to a five-college school, you can always take some classes here and transfer if you actually like it...
ACT: 27 SAT: 1960 Female
Feb 19 2008PreMed and Medical
Why are you interesting? Why should they care about you? This year they can accept approximately 1/10 applicants (a 17% increase in applications since last year). Take risks in your application and stand out.
Nov 25 2006Unknown
I lived alone in high school as an emmancipated minor. I went to a high school college fair. I was talking to someone from another college in a booth next to Amherst's. The Amherst rep chatted me up finding out what I was interested in and what my grades were. Then they asked where my parents were (everyone else's were there of course). When I said I lived alone, and supported myself, and my parents were not available, they turned on their heel and walked a couple of feet away from me and immediately started talking to a parent/student combo. Afterwards they actually ignored me when I asked them a specific, though perhaps not polite, question.
Jan 19 2006Physics
High SATs, good recs, good writing ability, good grades.
SAT: 1600 Male
Feb 08 2005History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Just do your best really, find a niche and stick with it and participate often.
ACT: 32 SAT: 1300 Male
Jun 27 2004Other
Presented a "total package" type application. All essays meshed together nicely. Called to check on my application, but was always made sure I wasn't that annoying neurotic person.
SAT: 1300 Female