StudentsReview :: Alabama State University - How to Get into Undergraduate ASU

52.4%
% Overall
50.8%
Students who got into ASU:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (12), Grades (7), Sports/Extracurriculars (0), Essay (2)

Aug 03 2014Business - Management and Administration
Apply early for everything. It doesn't matter if you apply early for housing though. The new dorms will be filled up before the first sign up day is over. I think it is not what you know, but who you know, like at most HBCUs.
May 01 2014Psychology
I applied and they lost my scholarship. And then they lost my transcript in the admissions office. I called a few times and always got voicemails and no one ever returned my calls. Eventually just had to drive to the school, but the lady at the admissions office turned me away. Had to ask for an admissions officer to meet with me, because I was determined to prove that I deserve a spot at any university. She met with me and they gave me a scholarship that day.
ACT: 32 Female
Jan 31 2014Psychology
It is very easy to get into this school. I you have a C average in high school than you can get in with no problem. A little bit higher and you could get a scholarship which is automatic upon acceptance.
ACT: 28 Female
Apr 08 2013Cultures/Civilization
Getting into Alabama State University was pretty average like all other public institutions. All you need to have to get accepted into ASU is above a 3.0 GPA and great SAT/ACT scores. It is simple. When I applied, I had a 3.7 grade point average graduating from an all male private high school. They offer scholarships to students with outstanding GPA's, which is great. Now at Alabama State University I have a 3.9 GPA and I can tell that I am learning a lot of new material because I am challenged to my best ability at all times. I love all of my professors, though some are not lenient with the work, others are willing to give you extra credit if you try hard and they feel like you deserve it.
ACT: 22 SAT: 900 Male
Sep 21 2012Psychology
To get into this university I took the ACT and sent them my scores.They took FOREVER to send an admission letter so I had to keep calling. It took about three months. Almost anybody can get into this school. Thats one thing i don't like. That doesnt mean that its easy though. This school gives out plenty of schloarships so apply! TOUR THE CAMPUS BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO ATTEND.
ACT: 17 Female
Sep 02 2011Finance
I applied, sent in my scores & transcripts.Got accepted.
ACT: 21 SAT: 1330 Female