StudentsReview :: The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania - How to Get into BLU (Undergraduate)

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

70.9%
% Overall
71.6%
Aug 01 2014Geography and Geosciences
Bloomsburg will accept anyone. Average SAT scores were a 1300. If you are above 1500, you will probably be offered into the Honors College... which is the equivalent of honors college for clown college. Don't go here.
Jan 02 2014Business - Management and Administration
Have above a 3.1 gpa in a well ranked highschool and you should be fine. Along with at least a 1050 on SATs. Bloomsburg is not super selective but it is selective so work hard even your senior year in highschool.
ACT: 24 SAT: 1050 Female
Dec 20 2013Computer Science
I tried to go to Philosophy club and SciFi club, but I often forgot or didn't have the time. I also wanted to do French Club, but I had meetings every time they met. I did attend ACM most weeks and if you're a CS major, I recommend it. I also recommend going to CS tutoring. It'll help you lots if you do it before you get the chance to fall behind.
ACT: 25 SAT: 1860 Female
Oct 16 2013Biology
I just applied and got my reply back on two weeks. Very easy to get in.
SAT: 1600 Female
May 14 2013Business - Management and Administration
Bloomsburg IS a selective university to an extent. You might hear that they accept everyone but they don't even if there is a bigger freshmen class; I know a few people who get rejected but they weren't the smartest people. I've also heard of people getting rejected for specific majors that are competitive. So keep your grades above ~3.2 GPA in highschool and get over 1050 for SAT scores and you should be fine. If you get lower, they will probably place you in a summer program where they can still reject you, or if its even lower scores than that you will get rejected.
SAT: 1000 Male
May 12 2013Criminal
Decent B or more student, and I visited lots of schools and knew this one was where I belonged. I felt like I fit in, take SATs twice if you aren't over 1000 for math and English reading