StudentsReview :: Bucknell University - How to Get into BU (Undergraduate)

Lehigh University -- Bethlehem, PA

30.1%
% Overall
27.6%
Apr 10 2014Biology
I had tons of extracurriculars, solid letters of recommendation, a great essay, and a killer SAT score. My GPA was crap, so it shows that the school does account for more than just your grades upfront.
SAT: 2170 Male
Apr 29 2012Other
Decent test scores. Decent grades. Not from PA or the NE - that makes it a lot easier.
Nov 30 2010History/Histories (art history/etc.)
standard: good ECs, good recs, money, good grades & above average SAT scores, 600-650 should be fair game in all sections. i hear SAT II scores help to compensate if you don't have the scores on the reasoning.
Sep 24 2010Economics
AP courses, Good GPA, Good SAT scores, and most of all a great essay.
SAT: 2140 Male
Aug 26 2010Undecided
Bucknell has high levels of academic requirements, so rigor of schedule is a must. Do not take high level courses in high school if you cannot handle the work load. I took AP Physics, AP Calculus, AP English, Western Civilization (a concurrent college course, for which I received college credit), and Honors Video Editing. I also got a 2020 on my SATs, but they do not really matter. The most important thing, in my opinion anyway, is to find something that makes you stand out. For example, I have a huge interested in math and physics (I got a 5 on the AP Calc test, and a 4 on Physics) but I wrote my essays about music because I have been playing guitar since 8th grade. So, my strongest advice I can give you is to take challenging classes, because the University Admissions will hold this in high regard, but also find something that distinguishes you from the other few thousand applicants.
SAT: 2020 Male
Aug 10 2010Economics
Write good essays. Show them that you are unique and committed to engaging diversity.
Get free info from: Bucknell University