StudentsReview :: Carnegie Mellon University - How to Get into Undergraduate CM

34.1%
% Overall
30.4%
Jun 02 2014Computer Engineering
Strong SAT and high school GPA. That's all you need.
SAT: 1450 Male
Mar 08 2014Math
Got good grades, did some extracurricular activities.
SAT: 1460 Male
Nov 18 2013Chemical Engineering
I was passionate about the activities that I did and I did a good amount of things. I worked hard and got to know my teachers well so that I could get good recommendations.
ACT: 31 SAT: 2080 Female
Jun 04 2013Math
Everyone at CMU has some unique quirk about them; make that shine through and you have a very good shot.

(I'm a competitive jump roper that has been to 49 states...also very involved in high school)

ACT: 32 Female
Jun 22 2012Engineering Department
CMU was by far the best school I got into, so off I went. Even though it was my sixth choice. I'd just come from a rigorous math and science magnet program, and CMU made it seem like clown school. As far as advice goes, I'm still surprised I got in here, so I can't really say much. Oh, Pittsburgh kids seem to have an easier time. But then again, some of the smartest people I know here are from Pittsburgh...
ACT: 33 SAT: 2240 Male
Aug 19 2011Biology
I send them my grades and wrote a decent essay, I guess. I was really excited to go, because I heard the school was one of the best. I turned down Brown and a few art schools, so I could study hard sciences at CMU.
SAT: 1420 Female