StudentsReview :: Cornell College - How to Get into CNC (Undergraduate)

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Cornell College

CNC says:
The most competitive applicants for admission present evidence of academic motivation, preparation, and ability. The middle 50% of admitted applicants typically have a GPA between and 3.20 and a 3.90, an ACT score between a 24 and 30, and a SAT score between an 1150 and a 1350. In addition, the Admission Committee is attracted to students with well developed interests and talents, or with a willingness to get involved and to be a member of a diverse college community, and with a demonstrated commitment to service to others.
Your Combined ACT:
45.0%
% Overall
45.5%
Sep 17 2012Political Science
I had good test scores and grades and wrote a personal statement from the heart. I was also very involved in extra-curricular activities as a high school student. Service is also very important to Cornell and will improve your chances of getting in.
ACT: 30 Female
Jan 06 2008Art & Design Department
I scored well above average on the SATs and ACTs (I cannot remember the exact scores). I also had been playing the violin for most of my life and was a member of a prestigious youth orchestra in high school. Also, I wrote a good essay. However, my high school GPA was low. I displayed little effort in those years.

If you did poorly in high school, like myself, but have changed your ambitions, I recommend writing an endearingly self-aware, realistically honest, good essay. Since Cornell College is small, the administration has more time to consider the whole person and not just the numbers.

ACT: 32 SAT: 1350 Female
Nov 23 2004Computer Science
To get in to Cornell, I got reasonably good SAT and ACT scores, made good grades throughout high school, and participated in all of the extracurricular activities that interested me so that I was a more "well rounded" student than just a list of classes and scores.
ACT: 32 SAT: 1450 Male
Nov 23 2004Computer Science
I had good grades, a good SAT score, and I wrote a pretty good essay. Getting in was not difficult.

If you want to get in, have good grades and a good SAT or ACT score. If you only have one or the other, write a killer essay and come in for an interview, if you can. That helps a lot.

SAT: 1420 Female
Dec 19 2003Biology
Not hard to get in. I had average high school grades and high ACT scores.
ACT: 29 Female
Jul 17 2003Psychology
Cornell looks heavily at your G.P.A., Class Rank, Faculty Recomendations, A.C.T. and/or S.A.T., and with moderate heavy importance: your extra curricular activities. Your essay should also demonstrate who you are as a person while equally demonstrating your writting abilities. Cornell likes candidates who know how to write; therefore, take A.P. courses in high school that require advanced writting skills, and it will help you when you get here in the Fall. The average ACT score for incoming freshman is between 27 and 29. I do not know the average SAT score. It is also important that you take at least 2 years of foriegn language, 3 years of math, and 4 years of English is a must.

Once admmitted you can breathe, but be prepared to work hard and also play hard.

Get free info from: Cornell College