StudentsReview ™ :: The College of New Jersey - How to Get into Undergraduate CNJT

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at CNJT
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into CNJT:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (19), Grades (24), Sports/Extracurriculars (15), Essay (10)

Mar 20 2014Political Science
I got a very good SAT score, and had a 4.3 GPA (weighted) throughout HS. This was my safety school, so I didn't put much thought into it. It was my home state, so I applied to this school. If you want to get in, don't be a complete idiot in HS, and try and get a 1600 or higher on the SAT. That should do it.
SAT: 2200 Male
Jan 23 2014Art & Design Department
Here's what I'd recommend if you want to get into this college: Don't try. Not worth your money.
Dec 24 2013Criminal
applied early decision
my recommendation is apply to RUTGERS. i have many friends who are loving it while i am miserable.
Dec 20 2013Biology
If you want to study at TCNJ. Don't become a victim of their arrogant and useless biology department. Consider other options.
Nov 07 2013Political Science
As a transfer student,I can't speak for everyone. I had a 3.4 GPA and was president of two clubs, but I've seen accepted students who were lightyears below me in terms of grades and sommunity involvement This school will drabble on and on about how competetive they, but in reality, a transfer student would just need 3.0 coupled with some extraciricular involvement. For high school students, be aware that the admissions process is slightly more selective.
Apr 27 2013Other
I got a pretty decent score on my SAT (1860-something).

I also took increasingly challenging courses each year. I had 3 AP courses senior year, so my GPA dropped from a 3.8 to 3.25, but I think they probably value individuals that are willing to move outside their comfort zone than they do those who play it safe. Better to get an average grade in very difficult courses than it is to get an A+ in easy ones.

TCNJ also likes people who join clubs or sports. Getting some type of leadership position in those is preferable.

TCNJ is also not discriminatory towards LGBTQ things if you're worried about that when applying. I put down that I was heavily involved in my GSA and still got in, as did a lot of other individuals that I know (if anything I think TCNJ values the diversity, but I can't say that for certain).

I do not remember what my essay for this school was about at all, so it probably doesn't matter very much. Still try on it obviously, but I would focus more on the academic and extracurricular aspects.

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality