StudentsReview :: Columbia University in the City of New York - How to Get into Undergraduate Columbia

Brown University -- Providence, RI

8.6%
% Overall
9.5%
Students who got into Columbia:

Tips mention: Interview (5), ACT/SAT (13), Grades (19), Sports/Extracurriculars (11), Essay (11)

Feb 08 2014Political Science
Tons of focused ecs and leadership.
SAT: 1400 Female
Oct 20 2013Biology
-Intel STS Semi-finalist
-Internship at neuroscience lab at Stanford U. (2 years)
-Science research fellowship over the summer
-Many field-specific ECs

Rec: Achievements in a field you are passionate about

SAT: 1600 Male
Jun 18 2012Unknown
I sucked the admissions director's dick.
Sep 09 2011English
I was the top student in my high school. I was also the captain of a varsity sport and the president of my class.
SAT: 1400 Female
Aug 13 2011Other
need something more than the perfect gpa and sat scores. extracurricular interests and pursuits.
SAT: 2120 Female
Dec 24 2009English
Columbia gets a LOT of applications from very qualified applicants. The grades and standardized test scores end up being passed over very quickly. What really matters is if you can prove you are an interesting, motivated person with something to offer to the university community. I was the only person from my high school to get into Columbia even though two people with better grades and class rank than me also applied. I stood out because of my specific interests in Columbia and New York, and also because I did a lot more unique and interesting things outside of my academics.
SAT: 2100 Male