StudentsReview :: The FIDM Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles - How to Get into Undergraduate FIDM

Fashion Institute of Technology -- New York, NY

62.9%
% Overall
63.2%
Students who got into FIDM:

Tips mention: Interview (7), ACT/SAT (1), Grades (3), Sports/Extracurriculars (0), College Essay (4)

Dec 01 2011Business - Management and Administration
I was a good high school student so it was not hard to get accepted to fidm. You do need to do more then turning in your SATs. I had two write several essays and complete a project but it was nothing I could not handle. My best friend did not get accepted due to her grades and was required to go to a community college first. It is not hard to get in if this is where your passion lies. Someone will help you with the process if you ask and will guide you through everything.
Jul 05 2011Other
I did an entrance project and started a Fashion Club at my high school (to show my leadership skills and passion for fashion)
Mar 22 2011Art & Design Department
I had to do an Entrance Project and fill out an Application to Apply a year ago. I am in my 4th quarter of my first year. The Entrance Project required me to draw/create 3 different things that showed my visual and art skills from creating a 2 visual displays & using certain items to create a drawing to see how far I could stretch my creativity JUST using those three things. I also was able to show my Admissions Advisor more of my sketch and drawing work. Then I filled out an essay that explained what I wanted to do goal wise and how I felt FIDM would get me there.After that I went to a final interview and was accepted then and there! :) I recommend that if you want to go to FIDM be prepared to do a project and have fun with it! Also, keep your grades up while in high school. They need to be passing so make sure you don't get too tired your final year in high school. I had a friend who did that and she had to retake a few classes to get a passing grade to get accepted to FIDM. Look into scholarships if you need to on the FIDM website and outside places like scholarships.com. Talk to a Financial Aid advisor at FIDM and set up meetings to make sure you understand and have what you need. They are really helpful in pointing you to aid that will help, if you need it. Go to an Open House! They are a lot of fun and you get to talk to some of their successful graduates and instructors.
Mar 10 2011Art & Design Department
I had to do an Entrance Project and fill out an Application to Apply a year ago. I am in my 4th quarter of my first year. The Entrance Project required me to draw/create 3 different things that showed my visual and art skills from creating a 2 visual displays & using certain items to create a drawing to see how far I could stretch my creativity JUST using those three things. I also was able to show my Admissions Advisor more of my sketch and drawing work. Then I filled out an essay that explained what I wanted to do goal wise and how I felt FIDM would get me there.After that I went to a final interview and was accepted then and there! :) I recommend that if you want to go to FIDM be prepared to do a project and have fun with it! Also, keep your grades up while in high school. They need to be passing so make sure you don't get too tired your final year in high school. I had a friend who did that and she had to retake a few classes to get a passing grade to get accepted to FIDM. Look into scholarships if you need to on the FIDM website and outside places like scholarships.com. Talk to a Financial Aid advisor at FIDM and set up meetings to make sure you understand and have what you need. They are really helpful in pointing you to aid that will help,, if you need it. Go to an Open House! They are a lot of fun and you get to talk to some of their successful graduates and instructors.
Aug 27 2010Interior Design
If you can pay for it they'll let you in.
Aug 05 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
They take everyone. They tell you that you need a portfolio and sketches and need to see it, blah blah they still take you.

Fashion Institute of Technology -- New York, NY