StudentsReview :: Fordham University - How to Get into FU (Undergraduate)

Fordham University

41.2%
% Overall
42.4%
Apr 30 2014Undecided
I went to a great public school (nationally recognized), got good (not great) grades, and about a 1900 on the SATs. However, I held two leadership positions in a Model Legislature and Court program, I interned at the American Academy of Pediatrics for four years, I also won multiple awards for positive attitude and community involvement. In addition, I was on two varsity sport teams.
Mar 24 2014English
You are more likely to get an acceptance letter followed by a letter saying "We're sorry, that was an accident. you aren't really accepted. if it makes you feel any better we sent this to 4000 other kids too" sort of thing than actually get in.

having a good essay is really what gets you in. good grades are essential obviously

SAT: 1950 Female
Feb 13 2014Biology
Fordham is SUPER big on extracurricular activities and volunteer service. You can be a mediocre student and have crazy involvement volunteering, or in extracurricular and get in. At the same time, you can be a perfect student with a 4.0 GPA and not get in because you haven't done anything special d different. They really look for well-rounded students.
Your essay can be a defining factor in acceptance. Make sure you really write about something that helps you to stand out.
SAT should be above 1700.
GPA should be >3.0
Visit the campus. Go to events. Sign up for info. If they see that you are showing involvement, they will prioritize you.
Think of a stupid question to ask, and email admissions with your question. Set up a line of communication.
**Be involved with your school or neighborhood or world**
Most kids I've met were Student Body Presidents or Presidents of some club, took at least one AP class, and were mediocre students.**
Best of luck!
Aug 20 2013English
It was pretty easy for me to get into FU. I was a transfer student, who had a little over 40 credits at the time. My GPA was only a 2.9. I did have 2 great letters of recommendation from my prior professors.
Feb 03 2013Accounting
Do community service and well in high school. They care less about SAT's but they value kids who are active in their schools. Its getting really tough to get in but they do give good scholarships.
SAT: 2110 Male
Dec 26 2012Aerospace Engineering
I ate the admissions lady out under her desk, she offered me a full ride I couldn't refuse.
ACT: 23 SAT: 1550 Female