StudentsReview ™ :: Indiana University Bloomington - How to Get into Undergraduate IUB

Purdue University -- West Lafayette, IN

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at IUB
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into IUB:

Tips mention: Interview (1), ACT/SAT (18), Grades (23), Sports/Extracurriculars (5), Essay (7)

Mar 24 2014Computer Science
In terms of how I got into IU, my story is pretty unusual. I didn't study all throughout high school, and didn't even consider college. Then I decided to apply everywhere in Indiana and got in. So, in my case, no special tricks were performed to secure enrollment at IU. It's not exactly difficult to get in, so this should be no surprise. As a reference, I got in with a high school GPA of 3.5 and a 24 ACT. So not terrific, by any means. Furthermore, my IU GPA is about 3.1, so someone with average-to-low-average standardized test scores can thrive here if they put in the effort.
ACT: 24 Male
Nov 19 2013Journalism
I applied. I got in. I don't even remember the application. There was no essay. I would say - avoid it if you can. I'm sure most schools would be much more fun. But my problem is less with IU and more a problem university in general. If I could do it all over again - I wouldn't. I would skip it all together and go straight to portfolio school for advertising. I also love the idea of a theatre conservatory, but no one will ever convince me that university functions with the student in mind. They don't. At least not anymore - it's about the administration. Degrees are designed to take your money. It's shit on a plate and we are supposed to eat it in hopes that we will get a job in the future. But in the current economy - it's worthless. I believe this more now than ever before. It's a once in a lifetime experience, so if you don't feel up against a deadline to "launch your life" so to speak - go. If someone else is paying for it that is.
Sep 16 2013Undecided
I had a 27 and a 3.9 GPA and I had a very well written essay. Overall, I worked hard. Just keep on working hard and advancing the difficulty of your classes and you'll be good!
ACT: 27 Female
May 31 2013Sociology
I recommend everyone give IU a chance, but you really have to focus here. There are literally parties everyday and its really gets old the older you get. Although these students party hard their grades are actually fairly decent.
Mar 26 2013English
I had a high ACT and GPA, so being admitted wasn't really an issue, even out of state. It is not hard to be admitted to IU. Virtually anyone in-state can be admitted.

I would also recommend building up your alcohol tolerance.

ACT: 33 Female
Sep 17 2012Undecided
There was no essay required. It was way too easy. I didn't feel challenged at all.

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality