StudentsReview :: Middlebury College - How to Get into MCi (Undergraduate)

Williams College -- Williamstown, MA

15.8%
% Overall
17.2%
Jun 19 2012Architecture
Perform well on standardized tests, take as many challenging (college level) courses in high school, either AP or IB courses as possible. Follow your passions, don't do extracurriculars to add to a resume, instead pursue in depth the thing you are really interested in. Middlebury would rather see that you are deeply involved with one cool thing than just slightly involved with many clubs. Play a sport! Almost everyone at Middlebury plays a sport.
ACT: 33 SAT: 2250 Female
Mar 29 2012Undecided
Show that you really want to go to Middlebury.
Feb 29 2012Undecided
It's not just about test scores, it's about who you are. You have to fit the MiddKid stereotype of being extremely smart, well rounded, athletic, artistic, lots of leadership experience and initiative, and concerned with global issues. You also need a striking, yet genuine personality, and be good looking too.
You can't just be another perfect applicant though. You need an edge that no one else has. Being unique is so important, as well as fitting into the perfect-mold.

Just kidding. You could probably get in without one of two of these, but it seems like everyone at Middlebury possess all those qualities!

ACT: 31 SAT: 2090 Female
Sep 27 2011Language - French/Spanish/etc.
VERY difficult. It's really luck of the draw.
Feb 06 2011Unknown
I had a college graduate write my Middlebury Fly-In Essay because I did not have strong writing skills & did not have the time or interest in the program. The same college graduate wrote my Middlebury College application because I had a 480 in English & basic English skills and not much interest in spending hours writing and rewriting application essays. I think cheating is fine to get into Middlebury College and am happy that I did because the college awarded me a four year scholarship and they are fine with me cheating because I am getting average grades, just like I did when I received my middle/high school scholarship. Excelling academically or having initiative is not my thing. I am glad I signed my name on the application stating I wrote the essays when I did not because I never really put much effort into anything.
SAT: 480 Female
Aug 20 2010Biology
It is hard to describe a typical Midd Kidd, but one word does come to mind: genius. Every student I have spoken to at Middlebury is extremely intelligent - even the athletes! Average test scores are sky high and climbing. You need incredible extracurriculars. I would suggest volunteering at a relief camp in Ghana or play cello in an orchestra. Aim for a 4.0 and a 2400. That's how awesome Midd Kids are!
ACT: 33 SAT: 2250 Male