StudentsReview ™ :: Northwestern University - How to Get into Undergraduate NU

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at NU
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into NU:

Tips mention: Interview (7), ACT/SAT (26), Grades (34), Sports/Extracurriculars (12), Essay (14)

Oct 03 2008Unknown
I applied early because when I toured, I had an overwhelming feeling Northwestern was the place for me.

Should have gone to Georgetown.

SAT: 1450 Female
Aug 03 2008Chemistry
I got good grades, good SAT/ACT scores, and did some Extra-curricular activities. DO NOT bank on stories you've heard of people getting in with failing grades and blah blah, there are stories like that about EVERY SCHOOL. Least of all, don't use those anecdotes as a reason to go to any school.
ACT: 24 Male
Jul 03 2008Industrial Operations Engineering
Normal process, just focused through my essays on the particular advantage of the city of Chicago.
SAT: 2150 Male
May 14 2008Perfomance Arts
I attended a top-tier east-coast private high school, which certainly helped. Diversify yourself, but not in that "I speak six languages" overachiever way. If you have genuine interest in a number of different fields, the combination therein will always be a plus.

However, the way I see it, if you have the grades to attend Northwestern, you should be smart enough to go to a much better school. Top-25 rankings are easily manipulated; find the school you love.

SAT: 1420 Female
Apr 30 2008Psychology
I got good grades in high school. I tested well on my ACT and SAT. I was passionate about a few activities, wrote a good personal statement, and applied early. I've met such a wide range of people here, it's hard knowing what they want.
ACT: 30 SAT: 2100 Female
Mar 17 2008Industrial Operations Engineering
Study Hard. Learn more about the school and what it's strengths are.

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality