StudentsReview :: Northwestern University - How to Get into NU (Undergraduate)

Northwestern University

Feb 14 2005Anthropology
Take ACT, SAT, SATIIs, APs. Everyone at NU are extracurricular kings and queens. Do sports, volunteer, work part-time, do SOMETHING that you're interested in. Make excellent grades in high school, have astonishing recommendations, invest time in your essays. Visit campus if you can, email admissions if you have questions. They keep track of all of these things. My mother also went to an NU school that is now closed. They look at your whole file, so make sure you show them the real you
ACT: 29 SAT: 1350 Female
May 04 2004Math
I filled out the application and submitted my grades. That's about it.
ACT: 35 SAT: 1560 Male
Apr 23 2004Economics
Just do well in your SATs, and show that you are capable of handling a number of extra curricula activities.
SAT: 1500 Male
Apr 13 2004Music - Performance
I had stellar grades and passed my audition.
Mar 14 2004Communications
I was valedictorian. My SAT was 1430 and my ACT was 33. I debated on the national debate circuit for 4 years in high school.

My recommendation for students applying to NU (it's *NOT* NWU): (1) Do well on the application essays. They actually pay attention to them. (2) Do all that other normal stuff like getting a high GPA and SAT score.

ACT: 33 SAT: 1430 Male
Mar 10 2004Economics
I noticed that most students at Northwestern did a heck of a lot more than study. Almost everyone in my freshman dorm was involved in a varsity athletic program in high school. Beyond that most were involved in community service or seen as a leader in their high school community.
Get free info from: Northwestern University