StudentsReview :: Purdue University - How to Get into PU (Undergraduate)

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

71.2%
% Overall
68.4%
Jul 27 2014Other
Show up with a check, and you're in.
Dec 05 2013Chemistry
I was accepted to Purdue with a 2.8 high school GPA and 1100 out of 1600 on my SAT's. It's quite easy to get in; Purdue just wants your money.
SAT: 1100 Male
Aug 20 2012Electrical Engineering
I wrote an average application. They just want my 45,000$. After that they can completely disregard me as a person and shove me aside when I need anything. I went to the main office and told them I simply could not sleep at all and they shrugged me off. This experience has been the worst thing in my entire life and I would discourage anyone from going here if they can avoid it.
ACT: 29 Male
Nov 04 2011Art & Design Department
Easy to get in. Don't be a drooling brainless moron.
May 15 2011Chemical Engineering
Purdue does not have a tough admissions process; however, it is challenging to finish an engineering degree.
SAT: 1370 Male
Oct 09 2010English
I honestly don't know WHY Purdue accepted me. I didn't exactly excel in a certain area while I was in high school and graduated with a 3.3 GPA. I think the main reason why I got accepted into the school was because Purdue is more famous for their engineering program than their English program (despite the fact that Purdue's Creative Writing MFA program was ranked in the top 50 in the nation by the magazine "Poets & Writers" this year).

What I can remember about my application process to Purdue was that, in my personal statement, I talked about what I hoped Purdue would provide for me (an great education and the opportunity to study abroad in Europe). I must have said something right because they offered me admission to their College of Liberal Arts Honors Program.

ACT: 27 SAT: 1860 Female