StudentsReview :: Princeton University - How to Get into Princeton (Undergraduate)

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

8.6%
% Overall
8.5%
Students who got into Princeton:

Tips mention: Interview (1), ACT/SAT (22), Grades (14), Sports/Extracurriculars (10), College Essay (7)

Apr 12 2014Electrical Engineering
You will need a great class rank, test scores, GPA, and activities. Apply as you can not get in if you don't!
Jul 22 2013Economics
I took an SAT prep course, got straight A+'s in school, was elected to student government, and was editor-in-chief of my high school newspaper and yearbook. I also started a community service fundraiser. I'd recommend having a "special talent" to distinguish yourself from the average applicant, but "well-rounded" students also get in.
ACT: 34 SAT: 2360 Female
Jun 06 2013Business - Management and Administration
Work really hard in high school
SAT: 2200 Female
Jun 06 2013PreLaw and Legal
Everything. President of many clubs, perfect test scores, won competitions
SAT: 2400 Female
Mar 08 2013Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
Why would you even want to get in. The only thing this school provides is robbers and future destroyers.
ACT: 15 SAT: 1200 Female
Nov 28 2012Political Science
I came from an inner city high school that had good literature and math departments. I received all As in my classes, but didn't do spectacularly on my SATs (but not too poorly either). I was actively involved in everything I could from working on political campaigns to creating an LGB club in my school.
Honestly though, I think that admission to top universities are based on serendipity: the university happens to want a certain profile at that particular point in time. Just be yourself, and you'll do great.
SAT: 1960 Male