StudentsReview ™ :: The Ringling College of Art and Design - How to Get into Undergraduate RSAD

School of the Art Institute of Chicago -- Chicago, IL

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at RSAD
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into RSAD:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (0), Grades (5), Sports/Extracurriculars (1), Essay (0)

Nov 27 2013Art & Design Department
I got in 3 times, I dont know what that says about that school then.
Jul 24 2013Art & Design Department
Solid grades, and great portfolio.
Nov 08 2012Art & Design Department
They will accept bare minimum only to fail you out. Of course if you are very good they will accept you as well, but that does not guarantee you'll do well unless you are willing to put the classes at the front of your life and even then, no promises.
Oct 27 2012Art & Design Department
To get in to Ringling, provide a strong portfolio with lots of drawings from life in it. Make art your life, because if it isn't it will be very difficult for you to cope at Ringling.
Jan 06 2012Other
If you are stubborn and do want to get into Ringling, best of luck and prepare the anti-depressions. You will need it.
May 21 2010Art & Design Department
I was initially worried about getting in. While I was the best art student by far in my High School class I knew I was from a smaller school and was worried that the places in this selective new major would go to much more talented students. Well I was wait-listed for a while I eventually got in, probably because they over accepted for the major by about %40. I really came to wonder if any type of artistic talent is even a prerequisite, as they work put out by some of the fellow students in my major was frankly "amateur" at the very best. Perhaps they just expect that these students will "catch up" with all the practice they'll get completing the homework assignments? It seems abundantly clear to me that they value attendance, planning, and time management skills more than talent and well crafted work.
ACT: 30 Female