StudentsReview :: Rio Salado College - How to Get into RSC (Undergraduate)

Rio Salado College

Students who got into RSC:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (0), Grades (0), Sports/Extracurriculars (0), College Essay (0)
Notice of DisagreementMay 26 2015Education

April 22nd, 2015

Appellant: Thomas M. Chavez

Respondent: Maricopa Community College Rio Salado College

In Response to the Respondent?s Decision, I am filing an official Notice of

Disagreement and Appeal of the Board?s decision. I will explain in more thorough detail why I

have decided upon this action. I have read the entire letter more than 3 times, from start to finish

and I have come to the same conclusion. I have dissected the decision several times and I stand

by my original decision, opinion, and ultimate action.

Two major concerns that came up during the board meeting that are of utmost

importance are collusion between the board and Dr. Gresko and the board was set up more like a

?kangaroo court?. I will explain both of these assertions. First, Dr. Gresko was called into the

board meeting and I was told to leave the room for around 30 to 45 minutes. I have no idea what

was spoken about during that time, but what I do know is that if it was honest, then I would?ve

been allowed to stay in the room while the board was speaking to Dr. Gresko. This in all honesty

and fairness sounds dishonest, shifty, conniving and underhanded. My case was spoken about

behind my back and I wasn?t given a chance to defend myself or rebut during that time. I am

charging the board with collusion with Dr. Gresko.

Also, I am also accusing the board to be set up like a kangaroo court as I am quite sure and

during the meeting expressed my concerns to the true intentions of the board. I predicted with a

high-degree of certainty the outcome of the meeting. This outcome as I predicted accurately were

not in my favor and only in that of the school. It is completely unsatisfactory, unjust, and

I have a legitimate complaint and here I am being punished because I am being vocal. I

want a wrong righted and that is what it comes down to in the end. I am not exerting my efforts to

cause problems or to cause any problems for myself or the school, but to get the school back on

track and for them to give me what I deserve. I deserve to keep moving on my program and to be

allowed to move forward as I have done exactly what was asked of me and not to be stalled or

This is not a one-sided struggle of me a supposedly disruptive student versus the school,

but a student seeking justice and propriety from the school. I am currently not getting it. I am

getting nothing, but resistance and poor conflict-resolution from the administration and

administrators who are charged of efficiently and proficiently correcting issues, but is morbidly

failing to do so. This is a miscarriage and gross violation of my rights as a student. I did

everything that was asked of me and when a problem arose instead of handling it well, the school

has handled it with horrible inefficiently and misjudgment. This a battle of wills and I will

I willing be sending a copy of this letter to everywhere in the state until I get an answer. I

will be sending it to schools, media including newspapers, television, social media, government

agencies and so on until I get resolution that is both beneficial to me as the student and the school

and not biased to the benefit of the school alone. I have already told anyone and everyone that I

come in contact with including friends, family, acquaintance and strangers to not consider this

school as a place to invest their money. My mission will be to lose as much business and funding

from your institution as possible. I speak to a lot of people. I am sure I can make a nice and

I am not asking for a lot from the school, but to give me an outcome and resolution that is

fair and just. I don?t deserve the mistreatment that I am getting from this institution.

Are my methods a little unorthodox, yes, but my reason is not. Give me a fair outcome and

resolution or I will keep being that thorn in your side that won?t go away. You won?t silence me,

because you don?t like my methods and techniques. If you want to take me to court or what have

you, please do so as I will take it as high as I have to go in order to get justice and fairness to

My offer still stands. If you don?t know what my terms and conditions are before, please

contact me and we can speak about those and I will be happy to go over those with you. I will not

do anything that you ask including upholding and following the suspension, interpersonal

communication training, career assessment & coaching, communication restriction, and so on, as

I did nothing wrong except vocalize my discontent and contempt for those in charge over the

decisions that were made. My offer still stands and my ultimate goal and objective is to get back

in school as soon as possible and to get this behind both of us. Thank you for your time, attention,

and consideration. Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Very Respectfully,

Thomas M. Chavez

There is incompetence of the staff in almost everyMar 23 2012Accounting
There is incompetence of the staff in almost every department you have to deal with. Even complaints to department heads are treated like its no big deal. I had grants that should have paid for the first year. They screwed up things so bad that I cannot finish without coming up with a couple thousand dollars. I am an older student and was excited to be able to finish something I had started years ago. There are plenty of other community colleges in the Valley. Try one of those.
I followed the online instructions and provided the necessaryJan 27 2012History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I followed the online instructions and provided the necessary documentation and made sure that my FAFSA was completed far ahead of schedule. Had absolutely no major problems thus far. If I did have a problem there was always someone on the phone to help. And yes I am a real student.
I was warned to not take classes from RioDec 12 2010Math
I was warned to not take classes from Rio Salado CC and should have obeyed the warnings.
Pretty EASYSep 04 2010Biology
Pretty EASY. The application was done through EArmyU (which means free money to universities) so of course they'd accept me.

Iona College (NY) 4:negative