StudentsReview ™ :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into Undergraduate SCAD

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at SCAD
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into SCAD:

Tips mention: Interview (2), ACT/SAT (19), Grades (20), Sports/Extracurriculars (4), Essay (11)

Feb 19 2014Art & Design Department
No offense, but I don't know how anyone wouldn't get into this school. Portfolio, SAT's and ACT's are not required. I wouldn't recommend going at all.
ACT: 31 SAT: 1700 Female
Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1.2 GPA. I had extenuating circumstances (my father had died during my high school years), so I wrote a 500 personal word essay detailing why my GPA was so low, and I submitted a portfolio of my work along with it. Anddd wallah! I was accepted ;) Just put your heart into your essay and your portfolio, and it's a guarantee. Pretty much anyone can get into SCAD. Take a picture of a fancy picture of a bush and you're in.
SAT: 1800 Female
Feb 10 2014Other
I didn't do much to get in, actually. I would've assumed that they would need to see a portfolio of some sort, and only the best of the best would be able to get in. Despite that, I applied anyway without providing a portfolio, and received a letter of acceptance about 3-4 months before I was preparing to attend another university. ANYONE can get into SCAD, but not everyone will actually succeed there.
Dec 09 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I got in with an essay and a small portfolio.
I know plenty of students accepted without portfolio.
I recommend, if you apply, have a decent understanding and some experience of the subject you want to enter.
ACT: 28 Female
Oct 06 2013Other
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breeze. A portfolio is actually OPTIONAL here, which is strange for an art school. A 4.0 GPA PROBABLY had something to do with me getting a scholarship, but from what I've heard, SCAD will throw money at anyone. If you're looking to come here, do yourself (and your wallet) a BIG favor and take care of your liberal arts and foundations in a community college. You will save a BUTTLOAD of time and money and you'll be able to jump into your department right away.
Aug 10 2013Art & Design Department
They only require a high school diploma and expect you, only after accepting you and getting your money that you are extremely proficient in art. They don't even bother you teach. I would not recommend this school.

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality