StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

47.3%
% Overall
48.7%
Jun 30 2014Art & Design Department
I wanted to have a career in my field (graphic design). Don't go to SCAD unless you have more money than sense.
May 23 2014Undecided
I'm English-medium school students who have studied all subjects with english(except for chinese&chinese history), needs to be included in the ESL. With SCAD policy requires people to be in 12-years English study in school, I'm speechless and SCAD entry looks like too high for normal Hong Kong students . But normal for those upper class, knowing that their children all go to international schools.
Don't choose scad if you can, go to those schools such as SVA , university of Pennsylvania and UCLA, they are more likely to have negotiation with students. At least, they wouldn't have such a terrible teacher to feature in the lecture
Apr 23 2014Video/Media
I am a GPA3.6 student, but what i want to tell is, dont come for your further life.
Feb 19 2014Art & Design Department
No offense, but I don't know how anyone wouldn't get into this school. Portfolio, SAT's and ACT's are not required. I wouldn't recommend going at all.
ACT: 31 SAT: 1700 Female
Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1.2 GPA. I had extenuating circumstances (my father had died during my high school years), so I wrote a 500 personal word essay detailing why my GPA was so low, and I submitted a portfolio of my work along with it. Anddd wallah! I was accepted ;) Just put your heart into your essay and your portfolio, and it's a guarantee. Pretty much anyone can get into SCAD. Take a picture of a fancy picture of a bush and you're in.
SAT: 1800 Female
Feb 10 2014Other
I didn't do much to get in, actually. I would've assumed that they would need to see a portfolio of some sort, and only the best of the best would be able to get in. Despite that, I applied anyway without providing a portfolio, and received a letter of acceptance about 3-4 months before I was preparing to attend another university. ANYONE can get into SCAD, but not everyone will actually succeed there.

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI