StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

47.3%
% Overall
48.7%

Students who got into SCAD:

Tips mention: Interview (2), ACT/SAT (20), Grades (22), Sports/Extracurriculars (4), College Essay (11)
I had a decent 3Feb 25 2015Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I had a decent 3.2 gpa in hihgschool, took a couple of ap/honors class and quite a lot of regional&school awards/recognitions, from which the Governor's Honors Program gave me a boost. I hadn't subbmitted any recent SAT scores, the past ones being (1480) or portfolio but got accpeted. Just try not slack too much in highschool
SAT: 1550 Female
No offense, but I don't know how anyone wouldn'tFeb 19 2014Art & Design Department
No offense, but I don't know how anyone wouldn't get into this school. Portfolio, SAT's and ACT's are not required. I wouldn't recommend going at all.
ACT: 31 SAT: 1700 Female
I didn't do much to get in,Feb 10 2014Other
I didn't do much to get in, actually. I would've assumed that they would need to see a portfolio of some sort, and only the best of the best would be able to get in. Despite that, I applied anyway without providing a portfolio, and received a letter of acceptance about 3-4 months before I was preparing to attend another university. ANYONE can get into SCAD, but not everyone will actually succeed there.
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breezeOct 06 2013Other
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breeze. A portfolio is actually OPTIONAL here, which is strange for an art school. A 4.0 GPA PROBABLY had something to do with me getting a scholarship, but from what I've heard, SCAD will throw money at anyone. If you're looking to come here, do yourself (and your wallet) a BIG favor and take care of your liberal arts and foundations in a community college. You will save a BUTTLOAD of time and money and you'll be able to jump into your department right away.
Admittedly, it is a very easy University to getMay 13 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Admittedly, it is a very easy University to get in which can be a good and bad thing. The bad thing: it doesn't filter out talent. The good thing: because of this, it gives every one a chance to succeed.

However, I feel that the effort that you have to put in here is enough that it filters out people who are not interested or does not want to put in the effort to succeed their dreams. It's a test of one's determination.

As it is an expensive school, I would highly recommend you to know what you want to do before actually applying for the school, after all you wouldn't want to waste your money on a bunch of classes that you don't need.