StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

47.3%
% Overall
48.7%
Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1.2 GPA. I had extenuating circumstances (my father had died during my high school years), so I wrote a 500 personal word essay detailing why my GPA was so low, and I submitted a portfolio of my work along with it. Anddd wallah! I was accepted ;) Just put your heart into your essay and your portfolio, and it's a guarantee. Pretty much anyone can get into SCAD. Take a picture of a fancy picture of a bush and you're in.
SAT: 1800 Female
Dec 09 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I got in with an essay and a small portfolio.
I know plenty of students accepted without portfolio.
I recommend, if you apply, have a decent understanding and some experience of the subject you want to enter.
ACT: 28 Female
Jun 04 2010Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Have a decent GPA and write a killer essay.
Mar 31 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I applied back in 2005 with a very simple portfolio of traditional work, an essay, and whatever official documents were needed. I was in the top third of my graduating class but no higher, and my SAT scores were in the 1200 range. I was quickly accepted and given a modest scholarship. I strongly recommend the portfolio even if it isn't required, because the initiative goes a long way.
SAT: 1220 Male
Mar 21 2010Other
I wrote the best essay I could and did my best to keep my grades up. Make sure you get everything in on time, ESPECIALLY the portfolio, it's not required but you'll want whatever funds you can get!
SAT: 1690 Female
May 11 2009Architecture
Wrote an essay explaining why I wanted to come. I got in, they let everyone in. Be prepare to work hard and spend a lot of time on projects.
SAT: 1170 Female