StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

47.3%
% Overall
48.7%
Apr 23 2014Video/Media
I am a GPA3.6 student, but what i want to tell is, dont come for your further life.
Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1.2 GPA. I had extenuating circumstances (my father had died during my high school years), so I wrote a 500 personal word essay detailing why my GPA was so low, and I submitted a portfolio of my work along with it. Anddd wallah! I was accepted ;) Just put your heart into your essay and your portfolio, and it's a guarantee. Pretty much anyone can get into SCAD. Take a picture of a fancy picture of a bush and you're in.
SAT: 1800 Female
Oct 06 2013Other
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breeze. A portfolio is actually OPTIONAL here, which is strange for an art school. A 4.0 GPA PROBABLY had something to do with me getting a scholarship, but from what I've heard, SCAD will throw money at anyone. If you're looking to come here, do yourself (and your wallet) a BIG favor and take care of your liberal arts and foundations in a community college. You will save a BUTTLOAD of time and money and you'll be able to jump into your department right away.
Mar 04 2012Communications
I wrote a paper, had a few letters of recommendation, got good grades in high school, took AP classes and tests and did decently on my ACT. The acceptance rate is fairly high.
Jan 22 2012Other
I had to submit a portfolio for scholarship/credit review. i received a scholarship for 1500 per quarter. Lost it for Winter because of Two C's & a B. You need a 3.0. I aim not the greatest artist like I said so I tried very hard but I just couldn't come up with more than a 70-75 on most projects for DRAW 100, I am trying extremely hard to get that back bc I love money!!!!! So I'm busting my ass hard. I also had to submit 2 letters of recommendation. The day of the deadline I had gotten 7 ppl to submit one for me which I also think helped me really get in because my GPA at my other school was 2.33 and thats not very high. All in all I'm glad I got in and I can't wait to see wat each quarter has to offer.
Oct 03 2011Perfomance Arts
Have a C average GPA and access to the $11,0000 needed per quarter.