StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Nov 29 2009Architecture
Hmmmmmm, Just apply and thay have awesome admisions departments so they will tell you step by step
Nov 19 2009Other
SCAD doesn't turn down any applicants. One year while I was there they were offering rebates for undergrads to move off campus because they had a campus housing overpopulation problem. You will see a lot of students transferring out after the first quarter or year, because students don't expect much work from an art school. The same could be said about any other university though.
ACT: 26 Male
Nov 18 2009Art & Design Department
If you have money, you can get in
ACT: 25 Female
Oct 25 2009Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
This is not a difficult school to get into, a portfolio is not even required. I submitted my portfolio, transcript, letter of intent, and three recommendations. Two weeks after they had all of my info I heard back on acceptance and scholarship. Do not expect that same treatment anytime afterwards. They want your money.
ACT: 28 SAT: 1680 Male
Sep 26 2009Other
It wasn't really that hard to get in. But I've heard that it's gotten harder to get in since I've entered SCAD.
SAT: 1700 Female
May 22 2009Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I transferred to SCAD from Polk Community College where I was heavily involved in Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges. It helps being involved at your school or any other organization because that show SCAD that you are a well-rounded individual and not just a smart person with a 4.0 GPA but no people-skills.

Also, it helps your record a lot if you submit a portfolio even if it's not stated anywhere on the application. This will give SCAD a visual on your work, and SCAD wants the best of the best.

And most of all, be aware of the application and scholarship deadlines.I started my application to SCAD a year before I even graduated from Polk Community College. The earlier you start the application process, the better.