StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

May 04 2009Art & Design Department
Send in a great portfolio - the scholarship depends on it greatly. The scholarship you get when you are accepted is the one you'll probably have all 4-5 years, so try to get a good one.
SAT: 1360 Female
May 04 2009Other
I had to get 2 recommendations because my portfolio was very good and the teachers who gave me the recommendation we very good teachers (one was a graduate alumna from SCAD). Most of my credits transferred, so I was a junior when I finished my first quarter here. I will be graduating in 2 years because of that (saving $80,000). I recommend people take there general classes at home or at the community college here in Savannah, why pay $3,000 for an English class?not worth it! Back home, I paid $200 for English. That is my biggest advice.
May 04 2009Industrial Design
It was a bit easy. When I applied, a portfolio wasn't required, but I submitted one anyway. (It helped with getting a scholarship)

I feel that they are not as selective with their students and that reflects a bit on the student population and their motivation.

Apr 30 2009Unknown
Just apply, honestly SCAD will give you a chance and it's once you get here that the hard work starts and that's why everyone takes foundations first because it shows who really deserves and wants to be here. Those who are just here to be here drop out fairly quickly.
Mar 27 2009Art & Design Department
I transferred so I didn't have to send a portfolio, just my transcripts and write an essay.
SAT: 1070 Female
Feb 19 2009Industrial Design
I went to a SCAD Day during my senior year and toured the campus, ect. And at the end hey said that if we applied that day, they would waive the application fee. It only took a few minutes anyway, so I did. Then I just sent in my test scores, 3 letters of recommendation from my high school teachers and a portfolio for scholarship purposes. In about 3 weeks after I sent in the last required paperwork I got an acceptance letter and about 3 months later I got a letter congratulating me for qualifying for a scholarship. Very easy.
ACT: 28 SAT: 1200 Female