StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Students who got into SCAD:

Tips mention: Interview (2), ACT/SAT (20), Grades (22), Sports/Extracurriculars (4), College Essay (11)
This is not a difficult school to get into,Oct 25 2009Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
This is not a difficult school to get into, a portfolio is not even required. I submitted my portfolio, transcript, letter of intent, and three recommendations. Two weeks after they had all of my info I heard back on acceptance and scholarship. Do not expect that same treatment anytime afterwards. They want your money.
ACT: 28 SAT: 1680 Male
It wasn't really that hard to get inSep 26 2009Other
It wasn't really that hard to get in. But I've heard that it's gotten harder to get in since I've entered SCAD.
SAT: 1700 Female
I transferred to SCAD from Polk Community College whereMay 22 2009Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I transferred to SCAD from Polk Community College where I was heavily involved in Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of Two-Year Colleges. It helps being involved at your school or any other organization because that show SCAD that you are a well-rounded individual and not just a smart person with a 4.0 GPA but no people-skills.

Also, it helps your record a lot if you submit a portfolio even if it's not stated anywhere on the application. This will give SCAD a visual on your work, and SCAD wants the best of the best.

And most of all, be aware of the application and scholarship deadlines.I started my application to SCAD a year before I even graduated from Polk Community College. The earlier you start the application process, the better.

It was the easiest school to get into, heardMay 16 2009Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
It was the easiest school to get into, heard back from the school in two weeks. However, once you get in, and past a few quarters you'll see how drastically different the shcool is.
ACT: 28 Male
Wrote an essay explaining why I wanted to comeMay 12 2009Architecture
Wrote an essay explaining why I wanted to come. I got in, they let everyone in. Be prepare to work hard and spend a lot of time on projects.
SAT: 1170 Female