StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into Undergraduate SCAD

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Dec 31 2008Undecided
I was really surprised I got in. My grades in high school weren't great.
My SAT scores were really high, I wrote a great essay, and I got three solid recommendations from art teachers who knew me well.
Nov 08 2008Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I went to a portfolio review session that they held in my home town, though you don't need it to get in, I needed the money, so I applied for scholarships with my portfolio. Otherwise, it's as simple as submitting your application.

It's not the application process you have to worry about, it's the money and the grades after your acceptance.

SAT: 1800 Female
Oct 22 2008Art & Design Department
I completed everything for the application process. Recommendations, portfolio, resume, etc...
ACT: 28 Female
Sep 18 2008Communications
Have a great portfolio with examples of basic shading and space or fundamentals that apply to your degree program.
Sep 18 2008Architecture
Not much is needed, besides owning a pair of pants with deep pockets.
SAT: 1350 Male
Sep 02 2008Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
It is a pain is the butt to get into this school. I had to call repeatedly about my application. It took me months and months to hear anything back from them. At one point, they even thought that they had lost my application. However, as a transfer student, they were pretty generous with taking most of my credits. If you're transferring in, just be sure to take a basic college algebra course and not something else beyond that description, because SCAD won't accept it.

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI