StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI

47.3%
% Overall
48.7%

Students who got into SCAD:

Tips mention: Interview (2), ACT/SAT (20), Grades (22), Sports/Extracurriculars (4), College Essay (11)
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1Feb 12 2014Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was accepted into SCAD with a 1.2 GPA. I had extenuating circumstances (my father had died during my high school years), so I wrote a 500 personal word essay detailing why my GPA was so low, and I submitted a portfolio of my work along with it. Anddd wallah! I was accepted ;) Just put your heart into your essay and your portfolio, and it's a guarantee. Pretty much anyone can get into SCAD. Take a picture of a fancy picture of a bush and you're in.
SAT: 1800 Female
I didn't do much to get in, actuallyFeb 10 2014Other
I didn't do much to get in, actually. I would've assumed that they would need to see a portfolio of some sort, and only the best of the best would be able to get in. Despite that, I applied anyway without providing a portfolio, and received a letter of acceptance about 3-4 months before I was preparing to attend another university. ANYONE can get into SCAD, but not everyone will actually succeed there.
I got in with an essay and a small portfolioDec 09 2013Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I got in with an essay and a small portfolio.
I know plenty of students accepted without portfolio.
I recommend, if you apply, have a decent understanding and some experience of the subject you want to enter.
ACT: 28 Female
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breezeOct 06 2013Other
Getting in was a surprisingly easy breeze. A portfolio is actually OPTIONAL here, which is strange for an art school. A 4.0 GPA PROBABLY had something to do with me getting a scholarship, but from what I've heard, SCAD will throw money at anyone. If you're looking to come here, do yourself (and your wallet) a BIG favor and take care of your liberal arts and foundations in a community college. You will save a BUTTLOAD of time and money and you'll be able to jump into your department right away.
They only require a high school diploma and expectAug 10 2013Art & Design Department
They only require a high school diploma and expect you, only after accepting you and getting your money that you are extremely proficient in art. They don't even bother you teach. I would not recommend this school.