StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Jul 04 2004Art & Design Department
In my experience, I have never heard of any person being rejected for admission by SCAD. They do not require a portfolio to get in; the only reasons to submit one are for scholarships and course credits. And this is from an 'art' college, of all places! In all honesty from an alumni of this school, if you have the money to pay for tuition, this place will accept you.

To all the students who are debating admission to SCAD, I would highly recommend doing some research into other institutions (those schools closer to cities with a large art industry in the Northeast or West Coast may allow you to network FAR more easily than from a small town with no market for the arts whatsoever). I worked hard during school and graduated with high honors, so it is not as though I am looking down on the school because I did not do well academically; this is my honest opinion and experience for others to consider when looking into this school. From my standpoint and in retrospect, SCAD is not worth the time or money; the facilities may appear to be very good, but there is no use to them when in many cases during my stay, the quality of education received was not up to par.

SAT: 1340 Female
Jun 03 2004Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Its embarassingly easy. But its a different story if you want to graduate.
SAT: 1270 Male
May 30 2004Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
it's not hard to get in at all, just do the paperwork
ACT: 29 SAT: 1250 Female
Feb 08 2004Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
You don't have to do anything to get in, if you can come up with the money, they'll accept you.
Oct 21 2003Art & Design Department
I just filled out an application, with no portfolio, since I had no visual arts training in high school, sent in the transcript and teacher reccomendations, and was accepted. It was deceptively easy.
SAT: 1150 Male
Aug 27 2003Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I paid the tuition. I'm a very good artist, I belonged there.
SAT: 1200 Female