StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into Undergraduate SCAD

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Feb 03 2012Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I took the ACT and the SAT but only submitted my ACT scores to SCAD (they were better). When I applied it was 23 or higher on the ACT and you're in scholarship land. I also submitted a portfolio which granted my a combined scholarship award of 15,000 a year.

If you have any art (whether it be a movie you made, a painting, your sketchbook) show it. It doesn't even have to be good, just show them you have the background in it. Show them you love it and they will reward you with money. But keep in mind, that money could disappear with one bad F, so have a back up plan

ACT: 27 Female
Jan 22 2012Other
I had to submit a portfolio for scholarship/credit review. i received a scholarship for 1500 per quarter. Lost it for Winter because of Two C's & a B. You need a 3.0. I aim not the greatest artist like I said so I tried very hard but I just couldn't come up with more than a 70-75 on most projects for DRAW 100, I am trying extremely hard to get that back bc I love money!!!!! So I'm busting my ass hard. I also had to submit 2 letters of recommendation. The day of the deadline I had gotten 7 ppl to submit one for me which I also think helped me really get in because my GPA at my other school was 2.33 and thats not very high. All in all I'm glad I got in and I can't wait to see wat each quarter has to offer.
Jan 20 2012Art & Design Department
Its easy to get in if you have a 3.0 or above and a decent SAT score. Not gonna lie there. Portfolios give you more money. The hard part about SCAD isn't getting in, its staying there- they expect you to work at a professional level while they give you a professional education. I work my butt off, but its worth it. If you want an easy school to be lazy at, don't go to SCAD. But if you want to work hard on meaningful projects SCAD is the school for you.
SAT: 1850 Female
Jan 19 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
SCAD takes anyone that doesn't mind living in
Georgia and has the ability to pay the expensive tuition
Nov 25 2011Art & Design Department
Submit a portfolio no matter how bad you think it is! Its worth whatever scholarship they can give you.
SAT: 1400 Female
Oct 03 2011Perfomance Arts
Have a C average GPA and access to the $11,0000 needed per quarter.

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI