StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into SCAD (Undergraduate)

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Jul 22 2011Perfomance Arts
Here's what I did and also what happened;

1. Submitted a portfolio and audition video, which it turns out they did not look at until I had questions about why I was being forced to take classes for which I had already received training and credit at other institutions. Ha! All of sudden my work was not good enough, and I needed more foundations courses. Liars!

Here's what I did;

Here's what I did;

Jul 01 2011Other
I took advantage of transferring credits from a local community college. That save a bunch of money ;) I then took advantage of student loans. (which I will have paid off this month :)
Jun 12 2011Music - Composition/Theory
Getting in isn't too difficult. Getting scholarship is. Put A LOT of effort in to your portfolio submission if need some scholarship. Even the way you present your work is important. Don't just throw it on a DVD. Make nice menus that are easy to navigate and are well themed. Only submit your best work. Showing diversity in skill is good to do as well.
ACT: 22 Male
Jun 12 2011Communications
I didn't have a problem getting in to SCAD. I applied like any other school. Students who were already heavily involved in their high school art programs submitted work to get credits transferred.